The Program Manager, System & Tools will interact across departments, working on guiding the transformation and growth of mission critical systems and tools at Appian. Success in this role will be founded upon operational understanding, business awareness, along with excellent communication and relationship building skills. The ideal candidate will help build bridges to scalable and sustainable growth.
The ideal candidate will be located in either the Eastern or Central Timezones.
- Serve as the point of contact and subject matter expert on our price/quotation/order tools from a business perspective.
- Support the needs of Sales, Finance, and Legal/Pricing/Deal Desk in the tool.
- Guide optimal use of quote and opportunity management tools to accelerate sales cycles and drive collection of actionable business data.
- Facilitate alignment and communication between Appian’s Sales Teams, and internal stakeholders, including Finance, Training, Legal, and Deal Desk teams to promptly resolve business/issues and foster productive interactions.
- Cultivate best practices through analysis and special projects to improve Appian systems & tools.
- Support in developing training materials and engage in regular training sessions.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in related role (Sales Operations, Deal Desk, or FP&A experience preferred).
- Experience using CPQ/CLM/CRM systems. Working knowledge of contracts and accounting systems is a plus.
- Ability to work to understand the interests of a variety of stakeholders to reach workable solutions.
- Inclined to take action and work independently, although support is there when you need it. Driven to complete tasks through to impact.
- Ownership mentality. Possess the character to act with integrity for the best interests of the entire organization.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Detail oriented. Must be organized and able to stay on top of fast-moving information and tasks.
- Process focused by nature. You like order and having things documented for easy reference.
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related field.
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.