We’re looking for a Director of North America Media Relations to increase Appian brand awareness through positive media coverage. This role is responsible for the North America media strategy development and execution, including: management of Appian’s Executive Thought Leadership program and day-to-day management of Appian’s PR firm. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in B2B technology PR, as well as, strong written and verbal communication skills. Prior experience in a technology PR agency or in-house public relations group is preferred.
- Creation of high-impact media campaigns reflective of Appian’s strategic objectives in the market.
- Amplify Appian’s brand and presence through North America media and in collaboration with Appian’s EMEA and APJ media teams.
- Direct work with Appian’s Executive team to increase their industry profiles through thought leadership content.
- Management of external PR firm to secure coverage across corporate, executive, and vertical market programs.
- Content creation required (primarily press releases).
- Effective interview prep for all Appian, customer, and/or partner media interviews.
- Clear, concise, and effective content creation, and strong editing skills for content created by others.
- Creativity in turning Appian marketing messages and assets into compelling media stories.
- Work with Appian experts to help them become proficient storytellers.
- 15+ years within public relations, 5+ years of B2B enterprise software public relations (agency or in-house).
- Excellent storytelling skills: strong writing, editing, and oral communication with attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced, and results-oriented environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field.
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.