As an Associate Manager on our User Experience Team you will define and enforce development processes that prioritize creating a great user experience for our new features. You will ensure that Designers understand our users’ needs and are empowered to advocate on their behalf.
- Share thoughtful rationale regarding user, business and technical aspects for all design decisions
- Deliver comprehensive end to end solutions to all solutions (including ambiguous cases)
- Demonstrate capability to lead user research and usability research activities
- Collaborate with product managers and stakeholders to identify UX priorities in service of company goals. Recommend team staffing options to best support priorities.
- Develop practices and artifacts to standardize repeatable processes for new feature UX design and validation.
- Create and deliver UX education materials to promote usability best practices for engineers, consultants, partners, and customers.
- Personally support the efforts of one or more squads by providing UX consultations and reviews.
- Understand the user requirements and competitive landscape for new initiatives. Use research findings to inform feature designs.
- Provide expertise through design critiques and knowledge sharing to junior designers
- Promote the growth of the UX team by supporting one or more UX team initiatives
- Deliver timely and complete UX designs for assigned features on one or more squads.
- Manage the UX scope of assigned new feature initiation projects, working with stakeholders and POs to refine designs, concluding with presentation of feature vision mockups.
- Own the UX vision for specific initiatives within a tribe. Help define the long term roadmap, understand current gaps, and enforce consistency as new features are built.
- Formalize and document UX best practices for internal feature development and external usage of product capabilities.
- Manage up to 2 junior or experienced UX Designers.
- Provide career mentorship for direct reports.
- Lead by example in contributing to a culture of learning and growth
Preferred Experience Level: 5+ years of relevant UX experience
Education: Bachelor's in Human Computer Interaction or related field
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.