Appian is looking for an Application Support Analyst to provide ongoing maintenance of business applications developed on the Appian platform. In this role, you will gain knowledge of the Appian software and how it is used to automate business processes from CRM to HR and everything in between. You will represent the business applications team and work closely with leaders from all departments to ensure their needs are met. If you’re good at problem solving and have an appetite for learning fast and supporting developers, we want to hear from you.
About the role
- Evaluate issues and support requests reported by end users and providing permanent and workaround solutions
- Responsible for applying operation break fixes and other proactive maintenance activities to keep applications up and running.
- Take charge of production problems and coordinate between participating teams and participate in root cause analysis for service failures
- Handle escalations and provide inputs into backlog grooming with developers and stakeholders
- Perform proactive maintenance activities in production
- Maintain documentation as part of issue resolution and look for way to achieve operational efficiency
- Routinely refresh sandbox environments and perform post refresh procedures
- Help execute test plans as part of the standard application life cycle and report defects to developers
- Assist with performing data analysis and corrections using SQL and spreadsheets
- Work closely with developers during handoff as part of production deployments
- Help gather requirements and manage scope of day-to-day production requests
- Provide feedback to Appian’s Engineering team and participate in usability testing for new product features
- You have 1 year of job experience in enterprise application support or related fields.
- You’re educated, with at least a BS in a related technical field
- You have a solid foundation of, or love for, technology.
- You enjoy working with stakeholders to define business processes and gather functional system requirements. You are creative; you ask why questions and solve the right problems without being given specific directions.
- You can effectively communicate both technical and non-technical topics with people of various personalities and are not afraid to voice your opinion.
- You feel empowered and able to cope with change and handle uncertainty by shifting gears comfortably and acting without having the total picture.
- Understanding of Agile software practices
- Preferred experience with relational databases (MySQL or similar) including advanced join queries and database optimization techniques
- Prior experience with enterprise systems including CRM, HRIS, ERP and their corresponding business domain knowledge
- Preferred experience consuming REST APIs
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.