Appian is looking for a Senior Software Developer to create, present, and implement Appian software solutions. As a Senior Software Developer, you will be a key contributor for the business of consulting as well as the business of our clients. Appian’s growth trajectory ensures that Senior Software Developers will immediately impact customer interaction and team development, working closely with our clients and Appian core members. Not only do Appian Software Developers become experts at building process applications on our software, they also become business process experts in the various client industries they work.
- You enjoy working with key client stakeholders to define business processes and gather techno-functional system requirements
- You’re well educated, with at least a BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field/degree in addition to 3+ years of experience
- You have software consulting experience, ideally in a Portal, BPM, DM or EAI related setting
- You’re passionate about technology
- You’ve demonstrated past success in cross-functional roles with complete lifecycle implementations
How you’ll contribute:
- Work directly with project stakeholders throughout the entire life-cycle of projects to define, design, and implement business process based solutions
- Drive adoption by empowering clients to become self-sufficient with building process applications on their own
- Design and implement solutions with Appian software and provide demonstrations to clients
- Establish and implement metrics to optimise team delivery and measure business agility in terms of predictability, reliability and adaptability
- Independently interface with client technical teams and business owners as needed during the design and implementation
- Supervise, mentor and develop junior software developers and business analysts on application and implementation methodology
Education and Travel:
- 2-5+ years of experience with hands-on software development or technical consulting
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics or related field/degree
- Willingness to travel to support customer engagement
- Agile software development practices, pair programming, stand-ups, planning sessions, and sprints
- Experience working with relational databases, such as Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, IMB D2, or AWS Aurora.
- Knowledge of relational database design or database modelling
- SQL skills - writing queries, joins, views, etc.
- Knowledge of software testing practice; Test-driven development, setup and execution of automated test suites within a continuous integration framework
- Web servers and application servers such as IIS, Apache HTTP Server, Tomcat, and JBoss
- Experience developing integrations using APIs such as REST and SOAP, JDBC connections, and web services
- Amazon Web Services (AWS); Artificial Intelligence (AI), Analytics, Machine Learning, Google Cloud, Application Integration, Database, Developer Tools, Management & Governance, and Elastic Containers
Appian helps organisations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximise their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organisations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organisation, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.