Appian is looking for a Senior Technical Consultant to create, present, and implement Appian software solutions. As a Senior Technical Consultant, you will be a key contributor for the business of consulting as well as the business of our clients. Appian’s growth trajectory ensures that Appian consultants will immediately impact customer interaction and team development, working closely with our clients and Appian core members. Not only do Appian Consultants become experts at building process applications on our software, they also become business process experts in the various client industries they work.
- You enjoy working with key client stakeholders to define business processes and gather techno-functional system requirements
- You’re well educated, with at least a BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field/degree in addition to 3+ years of experience
- You have software consulting experience, ideally in a Portal, BPM, DM or EAI related setting
- You’re passionate about technology
- You’ve demonstrated past success in cross-functional roles with complete lifecycle implementations
How you’ll contribute:
- Work directly with project stakeholders throughout the entire life-cycle of projects to define, design, and implement business process based solutions
- Drive adoption by empowering clients to become self-sufficient with building process applications on their own
- Design and implement solutions with Appian software and provide demonstrations to clients
- Establish and implement metrics to optimise team delivery and measure business agility in terms of predictability, reliability and adaptability
- Independently interface with client technical teams and business owners as needed during the design and implementation
- Supervise, mentor and develop junior consultants on application and implementation methodology
Education and Travel:
- 2-5+ years of experience with hands-on software development or technical consulting
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics or related field/degree
- Willingness to travel to support customer engagement
- Agile software development practices, pair programming, stand-ups, planning sessions, and sprints
- Experience working with relational databases, such as Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, IMB D2, or AWS Aurora.
- Knowledge of relational database design or database modelling
- SQL skills - writing queries, joins, views, etc.
- Knowledge of software testing practice; Test-driven development, setup and execution of automated test suites within a continuous integration framework
- Web servers and application servers such as IIS, Apache HTTP Server, Tomcat, and JBoss
- Experience developing integrations using APIs such as REST and SOAP, JDBC connections, and web services
- Amazon Web Services (AWS); Artificial Intelligence (AI), Analytics, Machine Learning, Google Cloud, Application Integration, Database, Developer Tools, Management & Governance, and Elastic Containers
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.