Appian’s information security team is growing and is seeking a Senior Information Security Engineer to help design, code, build, and support security architecture components for securing Appian’s Cloud and Corporate environments. This person will work as a key contributor and “builder” in a dynamic information security team involving cloud computing technologies and multiple security frameworks.
About the Job:
- Lead/contribute to major projects and initiatives that involve large security tool deployments or engineering efforts
- Build and code security tooling detections and technology into our existing corporate and customer infrastructures
- Enhance our security engineering infrastructure and systems that are continuously evaluating the threat-landscape for Appian’s operations and service offerings
- Work directly with technical teams (e.g. Engineering, Cloud, IT) to design, analyze, and/or recommend secure infrastructure and tooling
- Work alongside and mentor other junior engineers on the security team
- Contribute ideas to improve the security posture and detections in our security program
- Stay knowledgeable around the cutting edge of information security, threats, tools, and techniques
- 3+ years experience in coding with languages such as Java, Python, Ruby, Go, C, etc.
- 3+ years experience in SaaS, PaaS, IaaS and/or cloud infrastructure development environments (experience with Amazon Web Services is a plus)
- 3+ years experience using various security technologies
- 2+ years experience with security architecture and design
- Experience with UNIX or its variants, such as Linux
- Familiar with networking protocols and technologies - TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, etc.
- Familiar with common security frameworks such as the Mitre ATT&CK framework and threat hunting concepts to identify IOCs
- Preferable experience with modern Cloud Native technologies - Kubernetes, Docker, serverless, etc.
- Preferable experience with infrastructure-as-code, security tool development, and automation to secure the cloud with a preference for leveraging/creating open-source security tools
- Effective communicator of technical designs and vision verbally, visually and/or in writing for small to medium sized technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent at problem solving and a talent for identifying creative solutions
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.