At Appian, we're not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, and innovation; great people, great software! As a Senior Product Manager, you'll be embedded on a small team of technical staff, interact with key business stakeholders, and own and prioritize the product backlog to ensure your team delivers high-quality software with each and every iteration.
This position is for you if you have experience with and a passion for the following: distributed messaging systems, high availability, dynamic scalability, and site reliability engineering.
What you’ll do: Prioritize, define, and ensure success of product features for the messaging and orchestration layer for the Appian services framework at the roadmap level as well as functional specifications for each feature at the sprint level.
- Prioritize what we should build and when by collaborating with stakeholders on product vision and strategy, while taking customer feedback into account.
- Share ideas and receive feedback from technical teams on new features.
- Define how those features will work through close collaboration with engineers in design sessions
- Manage the release and sprint backlog through planning, backlog grooming, execution, review, and release.
- Write detailed specification for the team and fellow product managers to review and provide feedback on.
- Ensure successful delivery of features to confirm the desired impact by tracking adoption/usage.
- Own features all the way through final documentation, go to market, prioritization of bugs and enhancements, and usage analysis.
- Help shepherd the team and department to a new model of continuous delivery of individual services from the current cadence-based release process.
- You understand the value of cutting edge infrastructure technologies like Kubernetes and are eager to help us use it to take our product to new heights.
- Strategic thinker and problem solver with a proven ability to prioritize, negotiate, and execute in order to accomplish amazing things.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills; ability to draw clarity out of complex and ever-changing environments; ability to communicate the benefits and drawbacks of various technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated technical background; an engineer at heart with an innate desire to make an impact.
- Exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about building great back-end features and capabilities.
- Proven ability to translate broad customer requirements around scalability and availability into a technical feature set that can be delivered incrementally.
- Experience with distributed systems is preferred.
- Most importantly, passionate about software and cloud-native architecture!
Preferred Experience Level:
4+ years of relevant experience, preferably in a Product Owner role.
B.S. in Computer Science or related field
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.