Appian provides a low-code development platform that accelerates the creation of high-impact business applications. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance.
As a Principal Solutions Architect, you will actively drive and manage the technology evaluation stage of the sales process for our Federal customers, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical adviser and product advocate. Using technical creativity and business acumen, you will illustrate the value that Appian’s platform can provide. You must be able to engage and articulate product positioning to both business and technical users in competitive scenarios. You will also rapidly identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
What you'll be doing...
- Partner with Federal Account Executives to achieve defined sales goals
- Lead efforts to ensure the delivery of all technical resources into the sales campaigns
- Assist in the production of RFPs and other proposals to clients
- Propose technical and creative business solutions in support of sales activities
- Design and deliver high quality technical Proof of Concepts for prospective customers
- Present technical and business aspects of proposed solutions to a C-Level audience
- Represent Appian’s product to customers and at field events such as conferences, summits, seminars, etc.
- Assist with the radiation strategy within the target accounts by building customer relationships
- Manage target accounts that may span multiple Account Executives
- Work with colleagues across the organization to receive the support needed to accomplish the technical goals
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 10+ years as a successful Pre-Sales Engineer OR 5+ years in a Professional Services/Consulting role that is client facing and involves sales scenarios - Able to do custom POCs and demos
- 5+ years supporting customers in the public sector space
- Ability to strategically problem solve by thinking outside of the box is required daily
- Technical depth to respond to all functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Proven success conveying customer requirements to Product Management teams
- Familiarity with Business Process Management Platforms, Low Code Platforms, or Application Development Platforms is a plus
- Recent experience programming within a modern web or enterprise development systems
- Familiarity in production environments (application servers, web servers, databases)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, customer interaction, requirements analysis, presentations, and system design
- Willing to travel 10% to customer locations throughout the assigned region
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.