Appian is a NASDAQ listed US software company headquartered in Tysons, Virginia - in the Washington, DC metro area. We have offices located in major cities such as London and Sydney, and now we are hiring for our office in Seville, Spain!
As a Software Engineer at Appian you will help build automation (RPA, AI, ML) into the next generation of our core low-code application development platform and help tackle our most challenging technical problems alongside other brilliant engineers.
About the Job:
In an autonomous scrum team you will:
- Develop simple yet elegant solutions to complex technical problems at the intersection of Engineering and IT
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations
- Manage availability, latency, scalability, security and efficiency of data access within Appian by engineering reliability into software and systems
- Play an integral part in the design, architecture, standards and Agile methods for our web-based and mobile platform
- Automate functional testing as well as testing for performance and security
- Respond to and resolve emergent problems; write software and build automation to prevent problem recurrence
Appian helps organisations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximise their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organisations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organisation, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
At Appian, we’re seeking to grow our culture of passion, energy, and innovation; Empowered by the “the best idea wins,” we thrive on collaboration and debate, encouraging all employees to challenge and elevate one another. We strive for diversity and inclusion through continued education and a commitment to equity.
- You hold (or will soon complete) a B.S. in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, with other related technical disciplines considered
- You thrive on solving labyrinthine problems within large, high-performance, real-time, distributed data systems
- You’re fluent in a modern programming language (Java preferred)
- You have demonstrable understanding of systems, algorithms, and OO design
- You’re professionally fluent in English (required)