Do you enjoy building powerful mobile and/or web UIs that provide a delightful customer experience? Does the notion of building a product that empowers users around the globe sound compelling? If the answers are yes, come talk to us about our Appian Experience Tribe!
What is Appian? It’s a low-code application platform that lets business people build powerful enterprise web and mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code.
We’re looking for a Senior Android Developer that not only wants to write code, but also wants to build a great product. As a Software Engineer working on Appian’s Android app, you will be responsible for the mobile face of Appian to our customer’s end users. From the News feed and Task list, to the custom UIs our customers design on the Appian platform, you must make them look good and perform well on any modern Android device. Your scope extends from RESTful web API design on the server, to the Android-specific renderer for Appian’s cross-platform user interface framework, to the final user experience of the Appian app. This role is for you if you aren't satisfied with doing things the way they've always been done.
- You are at ease with Java as a language, as well as design patterns like MVC, anonymous classes, dependency injection and threading
- You understand Android features like Adapters, AsyncTasks and Loaders
- Passion for Android development
- Deep understanding of Android Fragments, Views, and Services
- Exceptional knowledge of Java, design patterns, and integrating web-based APIs
- Experience with Java concurrency and concurrency as it applies to Android
- Ability to work with a team of Android engineers and tackle independent projects; you could teach others what they are and how/why to use them
- 3+ years’ experience with the Android SDK (specifically Activities and Fragments)
- 7+ years’ technical experience (tech leadership experience a plus)
- Participate in the thoughtful design of RESTful web APIs
- BS in Computer Science or related field/degree
- A portfolio of publicly available apps
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Preferred: Experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment
At Appian, you will help us build our award-winning PaaS product that enables business people to build cloud and mobile enterprise applications with flexible, visual models instead of custom code. Appian discovers and unites enterprise data, connects users through social and collaborative engagement in the context of business data, and provides the leading suite of business process technology to enable rapid application development and optimization in every industry.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.