We are seeking a Technical Consultant to join our Customer Success Public Sector team. Our team is a mission-focused organization with a long and successful history of supporting customers across federal civilian agencies and the department of defense. In this role, you will be engaging with our customers post-sales to develop software solutions on the Appian platform. These applications help organizations drive digital transformation and equips the government with solutions that enable them to achieve their agencies’ objectives. Your primary responsibility will be to implement innovative technical solutions on the Appian platform and advise our government customers on how to best architect and deliver Appian technology solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Immediately impact clients by partnering throughout the entire life-cycle of projects to define, design, and implement business process-based solutions.
- Drive adoption by empowering clients to become self-sufficient with building process applications on their own.
- Design, implement and provide demonstrations of solutions with Appian software.
- Design, build and launch new data models in production.
- Establish and implement metrics to optimize team delivery and measure business agility in terms of predictability, reliability, and adaptability.
- Independently communicate with both client technical teams and business owners as needed during the design and implementation.
You’ll be successful in this role if you are:
- Skilled at working with clients to define business processes and gather functional system requirements
- Not an order taker; asks “why” questions and solve the right problems
- Passionate about technology and enjoys continuously learning
- Successful on cross-functional teams; has built products using agile methodologies
- An excellent communicator and is comfortable presenting to both technical and non-technical audiences
Preferred skills and experience:
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field/degree
- 3-6 years of experience with hands-on software development or technical consulting
- US Citizen and willingness to complete DoD or Federal Civilian government background investigations.
- Knowledge of software testing practice; Test-driven development, setup and execution of automated test suites within a continuous integration framework
- Knowledge of data model design, working with relational databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, AWS Aurora, and MySQL, JDBC Connections and PL/SQL
- Web servers and application servers such as IIS, Apache HTTP Server, Tomcat, and JBoss
- Developing integrations using APIs such as REST and SOAP, web services
- Agile software development practices, pair programming, stand-ups, planning sessions, and sprints
- Amazon Web Services (AWS); Artificial Intelligence (AI), Analytics, Machine Learning, Google Cloud, Application Integration, Database, Developer Tools, Management & Governance, and Elastic Containers
- Willingness to travel; 10% or less annually to support customer engagement
Appian provides a leading low-code software development platform that enables organizations to rapidly develop powerful and unique applications. The applications created on Appian’s platform help companies drive digital transformation and competitive differentiation. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. We have built Appian by grounding ourselves in value and in respect, which requires allowing employees to define themselves and their potential. As a result, we are proud to have earned the #1 position on The Washington Post’s “Top Workplaces 2018” list in the Large Employer category.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.