The Industry Leads team at Appian is a growing part of our business development organization. We are expanding this team and seeking an Industry Leader for our rapidly growing federal business. As the Industry Leader, Global Defense Programs, you will have overall responsibility for go to market strategy, ensuring client success, and continued steady growth in license revenue across all our global defense clients.
You will spend approximately 50% of your time at our existing clients and partners, helping to evangelize new applications for our application platform software and providing strategy and coaching for our Sales and Professional Services teams. The rest of your time will be split between helping Account Executives design programs to penetrate new target accounts and creating thought leadership material (e.g., white papers, articles, blog posts), speaking at industry events, etc. to gain prospect interest. You will be heavily involved in new business capture, providing senior level guidance on win themes, teaming, and deal strategy.
Additional Activities Include:
- Leading and participating in presentations and follow-on education activities at prospects and customers
- Providing guidance to Appian Sales on the best approach to capture opportunities in the given territory by creating key win themes that resonate with target audiences
- Setting our marketing strategy by determining appropriate compelling topics, trade shows, and content to support our overall public sector messaging
- Working with senior leaders at our delivery partners to coordinate joint pursuits and internal messaging
Required Skills & Desired Background:
- Minimum of 10-15 years of direct experience in a significant role within the federal defense space
- Hands on experience driving new solutions in an area directly impacted by regulatory changes, significant process inefficiencies, or experiencing high growth
- Background work experience either in delivery or solutions at a Tier 1 systems integrator strongly preferred
- Strong technical aptitude to bridge between client business leaders and Appian team members
- Demonstrated track record of creating written thought leadership materials and speaking at industry events
- Significant experience participating in federal business development activities
Location & Travel:
- Travel is expected to federal clients across the country
- Home base must be in the Washington DC metro area
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.