Appian is seeking an experienced and innovative professional to join the Marketing team in the role of Industry Marketing Manager. This role is critical to articulating Appian’s value to specific markets and industries through the creation and execution of go-to-market programs that address our target buyers.
We’re looking for a passionate leader who has prior experience working in the B2B enterprise software market with a strong understanding of one or more industries or target markets; including: Energy, Manufacturing, Retail, Telecom, Automotive, and Transportation. Our ideal manager will have proven experience in enterprise software with a focus on full-stack automation (BPM, RPA, AI) and low-code development; CRM, cloud or PaaS a plus.
Responsibilities and Skills:
- In collaboration with industry subject matter experts, coordinate market and buyer research, go-to-market efforts, and targeted sales and marketing programs to increase sales success across target industries
- Create new industry-focused content across the buyer journey and help execute the delivery through integrated vertical campaigns
- Work across the marketing team in support of digital, partner, event efforts
- Collaborate to develop materials, train employees on market and sales positioning, and support critical initiatives, including applications and solutions selling
- As a key member of the marketing team, help to evaluate and launch new industries, domains and solutions for Appian, strategically aligning with the market, our buyers, and the Appian sales, industry leader, and solutions teams
- Liaise to strategic partner team and industry leader team in sales organization
- Remain in tune with market buyers, influencers, trends, and challenges, to identify target areas of opportunity
- Provide analysis, reporting and insight for our strategic go to market initiatives working with operations and the campaigns team
- Proven ability to target communications and create content aligned to the needs of executive buyers for multiple industries, at all stages of the buyer journey
- Demonstrated team leadership and project coordination experience across sales, marketing, and partner teams
- Knowledge of vertical market technology, partner ecosystems, and competitive landscape
- Demonstrated market research and analysis experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills including presentation and facilitation skills
- Prior experience using Google Docs, WordPress and Salesforce desirable
- 10 years of experience (majority preferably in an Enterprise Software environment)
- BA/BS degree required
- Sales experience a plus
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.