Vice President, US Public Sector Sales
Appian is a platform for building enterprise software applications, faster. We help you automate and transform your business by creating new apps from scratch, or by connecting and enhancing legacy applications – all through the speed of low code development.
Founded in 1999 in the Greater Washington DC area, we are deeply rooted in Federal. With an established support structure in place to specifically capture Federal business, we continue to grow our in-house team and client base. Our newly built HQ allows us close proximity to our customers and grants them access to meet with our executive team face-to-face. Appian Federal is widely collaborative, innovative and strategic. We were the first to FedRAMP and invest in our customers through annual events, such as: Appian Public Sector & AppianWorld.
This role reports directly to the Senior Vice President of Worldwide Sales and will oversee the strategy and execution of sales into the US Public Sector. Candidates must have progressive experience leading sales efforts within Federal & State Government for large-scale, complex software application opportunities. Candidates must be able to effectively interact with C-Level government executives to position the Appian platform as a strategic need or expand their Appian footprint.
This position oversees three Regional Vice Presidents and a team of quota-carrying Account Executives. He/she assumes ownership of the team's sales process from start to finish, including: oversight of pipeline development, sales process management, deal closure, new customer acquisition, and radiation within existing accounts.
- Provide visionary and inspiring leadership to drive Appian’s US Public Sector business in pursuit of aggressive stretch goals
- Meet and/or exceed quarterly and annual bookings targets by driving improved performance of the Appian US Public Sector Sales ecosystem
- Coach/Mentor team members to increase effectiveness and help them reach their professional development goals and objectives
- Ensure forecast accuracy to senior leadership team
- Lead from the front and be the face of Appian US Public Sector Sales internally and to customers and partners
- Provide guidance on value proposition, positioning, market strategy, and priorities for the US Public Sector sales team in conjunction with the Business Development team, Marketing, Federal Partners and Channels, Professional Services and other teams within Appian
- Consistently inspect sales opportunities throughout the lifecycle to ensure execution of Appian and industry best practices
- Manage complex contract negotiations to completion
- Embody the Appian values of dignity, respect, and humility
- Led large complex sales teams to closure of deals that have resulted in Federal agency transformation and modernization with tangible business improvement
- In depth understanding of Federal acquisition and contracting
- Experience as a second-line manager in Federal or Public Sector sales
- A history of qualifying client solution areas and orchestrating multi departmental solution sales
- Working knowledge of solution selling methodologies
- Must be based in the Washington D.C. metro area with ability to travel
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.