Manager, Information Security
Appian is seeking Information Security Engineering Manager to join our growing Information Security Team. As a hands on technical leader you will help us secure Appian’s cloud computing infrastructure, participate in multiple security frameworks, and be responsible for engineering security detection infrastructure that continuously evaluate the threat-landscape for Appian’s operations and service offerings. As a Manager, you will provide direct 1-on-1 mentoring, coaching, and career development to a group of brilliant security engineers. What is Appian? It’s a low-code application platform that lets business people build powerful enterprise web and mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code.
- You have broad technical understanding across multiple security related technology layers as well as deep technical knowledge of offensive or defensive security systems.
- Bonus: You are excited by Kubernetes and are familiar with the inner workings of docker containers.
- You are at ease coding in Python, Java, Golang, etc. You are also comfortable with Terraform, Ansible, or other infrastructure-as-code frameworks.
- You enjoy exploring industry leading open-source security projects
- Have designed and integrated systems that handle, normalize, and process data at scale
- Strong knowledge about networking protocols and technologies - TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, etc.
- You care about fostering a culture of learning, growth, and career development for security engineers
- You yourself are a hands on security engineer, comfortable coding up to 50% of the time
- Hands on technical leadership and collaboration to grow and maintain Appian’s information security team through modern project methodologies and tools
- Manage and guide team responsible for designing and building scalable innovative security infrastructure to enable Appian InfoSec to quickly identify, adapt, and defend against modern attacker techniques.
- Effectively manage, develop, and guide multiple direct reports through mentoring and coaching
- Conduct cyber security research and present findings to the security team
- Collaborate across departments to share ideas and projects
Preferred Experience Level: 7+ years in software development, with 2+ years as a mentor or manager
Education: B.S. in Computer Science or related field, advanced degree preferred
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.