Our Appian Business Applications (ABA) team is looking to add a superstar Senior Application Engineer to their team! The Appian Business Applications (ABA) is a team within Appian whose primary goal is to help Appian realize for ourselves the vision of our Software Platform by using it to run all aspects of our company. We put our low-code platform to the test with every idea that we transform into an application many of which we rely on to run our business. It is Appian's unmatched speed, power, and ease that we are continually improving by our internal use and a feedback loop with Product Managers. As a result, we can:
- Bring Appian business functions together with Appian software so teams can operate most efficiently and take action with the best information available.
- Empathize with our customers because every Appian employee uses our software every day.
- Make Appian software better by using the latest pre-release of our software so that we can find bugs and enhancements before our customers do.
As a Senior Application Engineer, you will support our fast-changing company by leading a team and working to create, present, and implement Appian's technical solutions using our latest releases in an Agile development environment. In this role, you will work with business users to learn and design Appian’s business processes and with ABA team members to apply the latest versions of our technology to real-world business problems to improve Appian’s business and software. Appian's growth trajectory ensures that new employees immediately become core members of our team, working closely with peers and senior managers. This position requires a dedication to excellence.
You will be successful in this role if you will be able to:
- Work with key Appian stakeholders to define business processes
- Gather functional and technical system requirements
- Design and implement Appian based solutions leveraging platform features
- Design and implement complex enterprise integrations with industry standard technologies
- Present technical and business aspects of proposed solutions to a C-level audience.
- Lead ABA team members either as product owner or scrum master on sprint related tasks
- Work with management to plan agile sprint scope and work with team to ensure successful delivery
- Improve the Appian product through development on new features and reporting defects and enhancements to the Appian software platform and documentation in a clear and timely manner
- Work with colleagues across Appian to receive the support needed to accomplish goals.
- Assist stakeholders in identifying other business process opportunities that could be targeted with Appian's software
- Perform HR related tasks for direct reports such as performance feedback, skills development, and performance reviews
- Serve as a “player/coach” to motivate and mentor his/her team
- 4+ years of specialized experience in software delivery or software development
- 1+ years of experience leading agile teams either as product owner, scrum master, team lead
- Experience with configuration, deployment, and testing of enterprise software applications
- Strong communication and presentation skills coupled with strong problem solving and design skills
- Prior software consulting experience, ideally in Appian or any other low-code platform
- Project management skills (risk management, scope management, change control, etc.)
- Agile project management skills (sprint planning, retrospectives, and estimation)
- Ability to thrive in a unique culture where thinking outside of the box is required daily and creative input is necessary to solve business problems
- A minimum of a BSc degree in computer science, computer engineering, math, engineering, or relevant field is preferred