Appian is seeking a Manager for Best Practices Content, who can support Appian’s Customer Success (CS) function. The CS function is focused on enabling Appian customers to accelerate benefits capture from implementation of the Appian platform. The Manager position is responsible for developing, managing, and coordinating the design, creation/refresh and delivery of best practice content resources to Appian customers and partners, in addition to creating an overarching best practice development methodology and architecture, grounded in a deep knowledge of Appian customer needs and challenges.
- Has a deep understanding of the business goals & KPIs of our customers.
- Has deep knowledge of what ‘excellence’ looks like in the implementation and management of Appian to drive business goals.
- Expertise in designing consumable best practice resources to maximize actionability, from the line level to the C-suite.
- Intrinsically curious and passionate about solving customer problems, along with researching current and emerging trends in IT and business management.
- The ability to conduct qualitative and quantitative research and analysis in pursuit of understanding and addressing the most pressing and relevant customer challenges.
- Excellent understanding of enterprise business application environments.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proven creative thinker that can design and execute on new, innovative approaches to promoting customer success.
- Strong track record of leading in a highly matrixed environment and the ability to collaborate with others to achieve goals.
- Leads and supports qualitative and quantitative research, generating original insights and tools targeted at helping customers address their most pressing needs across the Appian product lifecycle (implementation, running/managing, upgrading).
- Creation of scalable resources—including tools, templates, case studies, diagnostics and data assets—that help organizations (and those advising them) avoid mistakes and accelerate the achievement of business outcomes enabled by the Appian platform.
- Builds and maintains a development methodology and architecture for best practices, connecting current and planned best practice resources with customer challenges.
- Develops best practice standards that optimize for impact and consumability by target audiences.
- Assists best practice distribution and channel strategy, ensuring best practice resources are targeted to the right audiences at the right time
- Monitors overall best practice resource consumption and impact.
- Oversees best practice resource lifecycle management, including creation, updates and retirement.
- Works with all internal departments, including Product team, Solutions Consulting, Sales, and Professional Services, to ensure capture of clear “voice of the customer” in best practice development.
- Leads in the discovery of new customer best practice needs and opportunities.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters of Business Administration preferred.
- 10 to 15 years of experience in management consulting, research, and/or enterprise software implementation and product management.
- Experience distilling and documenting best practices, ideally in the context of enterprise software implementation and management.
- Experience and understanding of multiple subject matter domains, including Business Management, Business Process Automation, Process Management, and Application Development.
- Experience working directly with customers and clients, especially Director-level and above.
- Ability to Travel up to 10% annually
Appian provides a leading low-code software development platform that enables organizations to rapidly develop powerful and unique applications. The applications created on Appian’s platform help companies drive digital transformation and competitive differentiation. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. We have built Appian by grounding ourselves in value and in respect, which requires allowing employees to define themselves and their potential. As a result, we are proud to have earned the #1 position on The Washington Post’s “Top Workplaces 2018” list in the Large Employer category.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.