We are seeking a Senior Software Consultant to join our Professional Services team. In this role, you will be engaging with our customers post-sales to develop software solutions on the Appian platform. These applications help companies drive digital transformation and competitive differentiation. Your primary responsibility will be to create and implement these innovative technical solutions to meet our customer requirements. You will engage with clients frequently and directly to gather and probe requirements and validate your solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Immediately impact clients by partnering throughout the entire life-cycle of projects to define, design, and implement business process based solutions.
- Drive adoption by empowering clients to become self-sufficient with building process applications on their own.
- Design, implement, and provide demonstrations of solutions with Appian software.
- Design, build and launch new data models in production.
- Establish and implement metrics to optimize team delivery and measure business agility in terms of predictability, reliability, and adaptability.
- Independently communicate with both client technical teams and business owners as needed during the design and implementation.
You’ll be successful in this role if you are:
- Skilled at working with clients to define business processes and gather functional system requirements
- Not an order taker; asks “why” questions and solve the right problems
- Passionate about technology and enjoys continuously learning
- Successful on cross-functional teams; has built products using agile methodologies
- An excellent communicator and is comfortable presenting to both technical and non-technical audiences
Required skills and experience:
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field/degree
- 5+ years of experience with hands-on software development or technical consulting
- Experience with programming or scripting languages
- Knowledge of software testing practice
- Experience designing data schemas and models
- Experience with relational databases such as SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL is preferred
- Experience developing integrations using APIs
- Experience with agile software development practices
- Willingness to travel 50%
Appian provides a leading low-code software development platform that enables organizations to rapidly develop powerful and unique applications. The applications created on Appian’s platform help companies drive digital transformation and competitive differentiation. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. We have built Appian by grounding ourselves in value and in respect, which requires allowing employees to define themselves and their potential. As a result, we are proud to have earned the #1 position on The Washington Post’s “Top Workplaces 2018” list in the Large Employer category.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.