The Contracts Manager is responsible for "cradle-to-grave" contract administration, management and negotiation of Appian’s contractual matters.
This is a highly visible position that requires experience, coordination, communication and follow up with Appian’s management and operations staff. This position also requires regular interaction with external customers in accordance with Appian policies and procedures, applicable laws, customer requirements and sound business judgment.
- Non-disclosure agreements
- Teaming agreements
- Proposal terms/RFP responses
- Subcontractor agreements
- Statements of work
- Software evaluation agreements
- Software license agreements
Background and Experience:
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience and/or qualities:
- Bachelor’s degree with 7+ years of experience in commercial contract administration, management and negotiations, demonstrating increasing responsibility. Enterprise software contract experience a must.
- Experience with non-standard contract change requests, contract terminations, contract modifications, and changes in scope
- Highly motivated self-starter capable of working independently, taking the initiative to handle complex contractual challenges, prioritizing multiple ongoing projects, and developing quick turn-around contract management strategies
- Excellent problem solving, organizational and communications skills
- Demonstrated effective writing and interpersonal skills
- Skilled with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point and other software products as required
- Solid business judgment
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.