Appian is seeking an energetic, highly detail-oriented, and adaptable Executive Assistant to the CEO. We are a fast growing Northern Virginia tech company that has consistently been listed on best place to work lists. Appian builds industry-leading software with a strong focus on customer satisfaction.
As Executive Assistant to the CEO, you will be both a strategic and tactical leader. You will understand the inner workings of the business as well as handle complicated logistics. You will also help to coordinate and foster projects through to fruition. The ideal candidate will cultivate and foster authentic relationships with our internal executive team and with customers from top Fortune 500 companies. You have superb judgment and the ability to work calmly under pressure. The right candidate for the job will contribute to the long-term success of the company.
About the Job:
- Support administration, financial, and operational activities set by the CEO
- Learn the business and the levers of the business in order to collect information and prioritize critical issues to facilitate efficient decision making
- Effectively communicate often confidential and/or complicated information to strategy leaders in the company with the ability to be discreet
- Work closely and effectively with the CEO and Chief of Staff to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately
- Learn and understand the scheduling, meeting, venue, and travel preferences of the CEO and help to make his days and trips as productive as possible
- Responsible for managing and monitoring all CEO travel changes 24x7 as needed
- Execute or provide guidance for strategic and tactical projects
- Reports directly to the Chief of Staff
- Impeccable managerial and interpersonal skills
- Experience as an executive assistant to other CEOs or COOs
- Ability to thrive in an ever-changing environment
- Proven ability to learn quickly and to anticipate the needs of others
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Driven self-starter with high initiative, confidence, and “hustle” attitude
- Ability to make decisions to balance competing priorities
- Highly proficient in Gmail, Google Docs, Google Slides, Excel/Sheets and the ability to learn new software quickly
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills
- Demonstrates interest and aptitude for business, marketing, and sales in the technology industry
- Maintains a level of assertiveness as the "gatekeeper"
- Bachelor’s degree and strong record of achievement
- Available 24x7 as role requires it
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.