Become a critical part of daily software delivery activities. Own the activities required to orchestrate and continually ship Appian software. Provides support for execution and extension of release management infrastructure. Coordinate with organizations outside of Engineering involved in releases, including Customer Support, Cloud Operations, and external translation partner. Orchestrate external web and mobile releases, weekly internal releases, hotfixes, and translations. First learn and execute these operations, then help drive their automation.
- Manage completion and delivery of quarterly GA web releases
- Manage completion and delivery of quarterly GA mobile releases
- Manage completion and delivery of weekly internal releases
- Manage release of weekly product Cloud hotfixes
- Manage release of monthly on-premise hotfixes
- Manage ongoing translation exports and imports with translation partner
- During early access/beta period, ensure multi-source problems reports are consolidated and reported to QE
- Assists in ongoing tuning of JIRA workflows
- Continually identify areas of improvement for release operations activities to reduce manual cost, time, and potential for human error using tools including Appian, JIRA, eazyBI, Appian, Git, Python, other modern related tools.
- Continually improve related process documentation
Preferred Experience Level: 4+ years in software industry with 2 or more years in software operations role. 1+ year software development experience in any modern language. Jira administration experience desired.
Education: B.S. degree in Engineering or related discipline.