At Appian, we’re not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, and innovation; great people, great software! As Manager of Product Management, you’ll be a key leader on the technology team, helping to deliver a world class low-code application development platform. With input from customers, prospects, advisory teams and internal product experts, you will define the vision for and own the delivery of an Appian product line and its features.
This position will be specifically focused on leading a group of product managers responsible for the core services and deployment infrastructure on which the Appian platform runs. This position is for you if you have experience with and a passion for the following: data persistence, identity/access management, microservices, containerization, and Kubernetes.
What is Appian? It’s a low-code application platform that lets business people build powerful enterprise web and mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code.
What you’ll do:
- Define the vision for one or more major product features and capabilities, helping us unfold our vision as the fastest way to build powerful, easy-to-use enterprise software applications
- Help draft our product’s quarterly delivery plan and prioritized backlog for one or more major product areas
- Collaborate with product management leadership to plan and deliver coordinated multi-quarter efforts
- Understand the market and usage of Appian’s software compared to competitors
- Advance the processes within Appian’s product team and help improve the way things are done
- Grow and mentor a talented team of product managers, embody Appian’s values, and take pride in making products that help people work better together
- Understands the value of cutting edge infrastructure technologies like Kubernetes and are eager to help us use it to take our product to new heights
- Strategic thinker and problem solver with a proven ability to prioritize, negotiate, and execute in order to accomplish amazing things
- Proven leadership managing junior product managers within a technology company
- Strong communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills; ability to draw clarity out of complex and ever-changing environments
- Demonstrated technical background; an engineer at heart with an innate desire to make an impact
- Exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about building great product features and experiences
- Most importantly, passionate about software!
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.