MYTH: You need a CS degree to break into the software industry and get all the cool high-paying tech jobs.
FACT: Slinging code is just one of many things High Tech Companies need to do to create cool new products.
If you are student in any Math, Engineering, Technology, or Science discipline and love to use technology to solve real-world problems in a high-energy environment, then we need YOUR help building the world’s first fully mobile, cloud-based, low-code platform, and WE WANT TO TALK TO YOU!
To keep up with our skyrocketing growth, Appian needs to provide our Agile teams with more Quality Engineers responsible for ensuring our customers continue to love our product that is changing the face of the modern workplace.
As an Appian Quality Engineer, YOU get to use all the modern technologies and development methodologies to be part of a TEAM that is 100% dedicated to working together to building great software.
As an Appian Quality Engineer YOU will:
- Begin it all by attending our own Appian Academy to do everything from meeting with company execs, to learning what it truly means to be an Appianite, to receiving intensive hands-on training with our product.
- Be a member of an Appian Engineering scrum team dedicated to a product feature area.
- Work day-to-day with Software Engineers to ensure they are building bug-free code!
- Work day-to-day with the team’s Quality Lead to mentor your growth.
- Build a wardrobe full of cool Appian Engineering T-shirts.
What Does a Quality Engineer do?
- Test and troubleshoot new features from a multitude of dimensions: systems integration, GUI, Compatibility, User Acceptance Testing, functionality, database, and regression.
- Test features across web, Android, and iOS platforms.
- Perform analysis, research, and troubleshooting of software defects and aid in the documentation of defects and anomalies.
- Build, maintain and improve test artifacts for rapid and efficient reuse by the Test Engineering team.
- Participate in critical release activities for all platforms.
- Help ensure the product is built correctly the first time, every time.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: Have a passion for helping improve the quality of a world-class software product!
- B.S. degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math, or otherwise demonstrated aptitude for technology.
- Independent thinker.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to balance multiple simultaneous efforts and deliver results.
- Desire to be an integral part of a part of a team delivering great software.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.