About our Company
Appia Bio is a preclinical stage biotech company founded in 2020 with the mission to bring innovative off-the-shelf cell therapies to cancer patients. Our novel platform can generate a broad array of allogeneic NKT and T cell types and can be engineered to address challenges in tumor microenvironments. Our goal is to discover and develop allogeneic cell therapies across a broad array of cancer indications with a scalability that increases access for patients.
Our research programs are rooted in leveraging T cell biology to generate NKT and T cell subtypes from hematopoietic stem cells. The scientific foundation of Appia Bio is underpinned by collaborative research led by Lili Yang (UCLA), David Baltimore (Caltech), and Pin Wang (USC), and further advised by a stellar scientific advisory board. The management team brings decades of experience in R&D, Technical Operations and business in the biotech industry.
About the Role
Appia is seeking a highly qualified facilities leader with successful experience in life sciences facility build, facility operation, and operations personnel management. The role includes long-term projects such as space planning and build out of expanded facilities, day-to-day facility management, and management of office and lab management personnel.
The successful candidate will have strong communication skills, effective tactical and strategic judgement in their domain, negotiation and relationship management skills with vendors, and work productively and collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders. This role collaborates significantly with other departments for planning and operations.
- Work with landlord to maintain and manage facility, including repairs, utilities, HVAC, and tenant improvements
- Manage laboratory operations including oversight of EH&S, lab ops personnel, and emergency response planning
- Partner with Finance and R&D to support lab equipment purchase, installation, and maintenance
- As appropriate, responsible for planning and executing facility design and construction, working with real estate agents, architects, external contractors, construction, and engineering teams.
- Oversee general office management personnel and support company’s IT infrastructure
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience in facilities for a life science, biotech, or medical facility
- Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management, Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with utilities, engineering, maintenance, computerized systems and validation activities, in a cGMP environment preferred
- Excellent interpersonal rapport, effective project management, verbal and written communication skills, and negotiation skills are essential as this job has many stakeholders
- High energy self-starter with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility
- cGMP Facilities Professional certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
Competitive Compensation Packages | Cost Sharing for Health Insurance Premiums | Flexible Work Environment | Untracked PTO | 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan Match | Life Insurance & Disability| Awesome Culture | Challenging & Fulfilling Work | Equity Options | and more
Appia Bio requires COVID-19 vaccination for all employees. As required by applicable law, we will consider requests for reasonable accommodations.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Appia Bio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.