Become a digital, global citizen and enable the new generation of digital entrepreneurs around the world. AppDirect offers a subscription commerce platform to sell any product, through any channel, on any device - as a service. We power millions of subscriptions worldwide for organizations. We do this by our values-driven culture - one that enables you to Be Seen, Be Yourself, and Do Your Best Work.
We’re looking for talented yet humble individuals who are smart, passionate, and want to drive disruption in the Information security industry. If you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative workplace, AppDirect provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every day. If you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table that reflect your experience and personality, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
What you'll do and how you'll make an impact
This individual will work in the Information Security team and will have, as a main task, to secure our public cloud platforms and to work cross functionally with several other departments to achieve results-fast. This is an opportunity for an engineer who is familiar with using and securing cloud platforms, able to automate repetitive tasks and already with a hands-on experience with technologies like containers, Kubernetes and secret management platforms.
Your deep understanding of the discipline of information security will help us meet compliance requirements and address our own and our customers’ risks. You can communicate your knowledge to colleagues, stakeholders, and the community at large. You will provide recommendations for enhancing our platform’s capabilities, while also helping to monitor and secure our own environment and ensure that compliance and audit requirements are met.
To summarize, you have both soft skills and technical potential and you think that the security team must be an ally and a facilitator for the company and all its members.
What you'll need
- 5+ years in Information Security experience;
- Successful in cross-functional team collaboration to drive early security adoption and best practices (devsecops);
- Experience with IaaS/PaaS/SaaS (AWS, Azure, GCP);
- Experience in analyzing the security of public cloud architectures;
- Experience with secret management platforms;
- Experience in Container/Orchestration like Kubernetes and Docker;
- Experience in building/setting up security tools to automate recurring tasks and in particular being able to develop automation tools using languages like Python or Go;
- Experience triaging and understanding the root cause of security bugs;
- Expertise in Log Management, Security Event Correlation and any SIEM technology;
- Experience with vulnerability scanners, vulnerability management systems, patch management, and host-based security systems;
- Must be well versed in operating systems such as Linux as well as Windows environments, Active Directory, VPN systems, encryption schemas and algorithms, various authorization and authentication mechanisms/software, network monitoring and sniffing, TCP/IP networks and vulnerability and threat management tools (including network based scanners).
- Any Information Security/Cloud Certification;
- Strong background in software development and engineering;
- Demonstrated experience contributing or collaborating with Open Source projects;
- Participation in Bug Bounties.
AppDirect is the only end-to-end commerce platform for selling, distributing, and managing cloud-based products and services to succeed in the digital economy. The AppDirect ecosystem connects channels, developers, and customers through its platform to simplify the digital supply chain by enabling the onboarding and sale of products with third-party services, for any channel, on any device, with support. Powering millions of cloud subscriptions worldwide, AppDirect helps organizations, including Jaguar Land Rover, Comcast, ADP, and Deutsche Telekom connect their customers to the solutions they need to reach their full potential in the digital economy.