AppDirect is the leading cloud service marketplace company dedicated to revolutionizing the way businesses run. We offer a cloud service marketplace and management platform that enables companies to distribute web-based services and more. The global network of AppDirect-powered marketplaces allows businesses to find, buy, and manage the best applications the cloud has to offer.
With our award-winning platform, service providers can launch a state-of-the-art online application store within a matter of weeks, while developers can integrate once and make their software available across multiple marketplaces worldwide. Our products offer more advanced features and tools than any other competitive solution, putting AppDirect at the forefront of the rapidly evolving market for cloud services delivery.
About the AppInsights team:
AppInsights gives our customers real-time insight into their business through dynamic data visualization. The team is responsible for creating an amazing experience, integrating with a growing catalog of partners, and building a robust and highly-scalable platform capable of processing and displaying large amounts of data.
As a Technical Lead, you will help build and architect the AppInsights platform. You are a technical enthusiast: a hands-on developer with a passion for producing maintainable and robust code. You design and develop well-tested systems and APIs that stand the test of time. You take initiative and contribute meaningfully to a supportive and productive team culture.
Importantly, you have demonstrated leadership capability. You care about your customers and the products you deliver. You enjoy the responsibility of bringing a product successfully to market and delighting customers.
What you’ll do and how you’ll make an impact:
- Work closely with the product manager to clarify and prioritize requirements.
- Drive a culture of quality, performance, and best practices within the team.
- Work up and down the stack across a microservices architecture.
- Design and develop a robust large-scale time-series data processing system.
- Migrate a legacy devops system to more modern infrastructure.
- Handle escalations of production issues, and work to reduce their occurrence.
- Write production grade code, then support and maintain it once it goes live.
- Work with a small, growing team.
- Collaborate and coordinate with multiple teams of engineers and product managers.
What you’ll need:
- 8+ years of working experience with modern web application development with active customers and competing product demands.
- Fluency with RESTful web services and at least one modern web application framework. Experience with NodeJS, GoLang, and/or Python are a plus.
- Comfort building a complex application that utilizes microservices extensively. Experience with Docker and/or AWS is a plus.
- Courage to dig-in, refactor code, and explore new technology.
- Comfort in reviewing other engineers code and leading technical designs.
- Enthusiasm for learning new things and keeping up to date with latest technologies.
- Willingness to actively contribute to a positive and productive team culture.
AppDirect is the only end-to-end commerce platform for selling, distributing, and managing cloud-based products and services to succeed in the digital economy. The AppDirect ecosystem connects channels, developers, and customers through its platform to simplify the digital supply chain by enabling the onboarding and sale of products with third-party services, for any channel, on any device, with support. Powering millions of cloud subscriptions worldwide, AppDirect helps organizations, including Jaguar Land Rover, Comcast, ADP, and Deutsche Telekom connect their customers to the solutions they need to reach their full potential in the digital economy.
We believe that the unique contributions of all AppDirectors is the driver of our success. To make sure our culture continues to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.