About the Team
AppDirect is the leading cloud service marketplace company dedicated to revolutionizing the way businesses run. We offer a cloud service marketplace and management platform that enables companies to distribute digital services. The global network of AppDirect-powered marketplaces allows businesses to find, buy, and manage the best applications the cloud has to offer.
With our award-winning platform, service providers can launch a state-of-the-art online application store within a matter of weeks, while developers can integrate once and make their software available across multiple marketplaces worldwide. Our products offer more advanced features and tools than any other competitive solution, putting AppDirect at the forefront of the rapidly evolving market for cloud services delivery.
As a database administrator, you will be working on capacity planning, installation, configuration, database design, migration, performance monitoring, security, troubleshooting, as well as backup and data recovery.
What you'll do and how you'll make an impact:
- Manage SQL Server databases.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes.
- Understanding of Database Designing, Architecture, and Performance Optimisation.
- Upgrading SQL server software to new versions.
- Configuring Clustering / Mirroring / HA (High Availability)
- Ability to support migrations from other DBMS solutions.
- Design standards for monitoring, backup, recovery, and alerting.
- Ability to design scripts to automate key database management functions.
- Work with application developers and system integrators to review data models, database objects, stored procedures, and partitioning strategies.
- Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability, and security
- Analyze, solve, and correct issues in real-time
- Provide suggestions for solutions
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement
- Offer support by responding to system problems in a timely manner.
- Tune queries, write Stored Procedures, perform indexing, and other database elements.
- Responsible for all database configuration and performance tuning following industry best practices.
What you'll need:
- Bachelors in computer-related fields such as Computer Science, Information Systems or Management Information Systems
- A minimum of 6-9 years experience in a similar role
- Hands-on experience on RDBMS (MySQL, Postgresql, Oracle, and MSSQL) database customization and query optimization
- Should work in optimisation and modification of stored procedures.
- Strong knowledge of database structure systems and data mining.
- Experience in relational databases - modeling, stored procedures, functions, and triggers.
- Experience with data and batch loading processes.
- Experience with Data warehouses and transactional databases.
- Thorough understanding of software development life cycle.
- Experience administering a large enterprise database environment.
- Proficiency in design, administration, implementation, upgrades, monitoring, and database.
- Proficiency in database tuning, to ensure that applications run efficiently and reliably.
- Creating Database Maintenance plans, rebuild/ reorganize indexes & performing integrity checks
- Experience with High Availability and Disaster Recovery like Replication, Log Shipping, Mirroring and Clustering
- Strong interpersonal and articulation skills both spoken and written
- Experience in other RDBMS flavours like Oracle /MySQL /PostgreSQL is added advantage
AppDirect is the only end-to-end commerce platform for selling, distributing, and managing cloud-based products and services to succeed in the digital economy. The AppDirect ecosystem connects channels, developers, and customers through its platform to simplify the digital supply chain by enabling the onboarding and sale of products with third-party services, for any channel, on any device, with support. Powering millions of cloud subscriptions worldwide, AppDirect helps organizations, including Jaguar Land Rover, Comcast, ADP, and Deutsche Telekom connect their customers to the solutions they need to reach their full potential in the digital economy.
We believe that the unique contributions of all AppDirectors is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.