About the Team:
AppDirect is the leading cloud service marketplace company dedicated to revolutionizing the way businesses run. We offer a cloud service marketplace and management platform that enables companies to distribute web-based services. The global network of AppDirect-powered marketplaces allows businesses to find, buy, and manage the best applications the cloud has to offer.
With our award-winning platform, service providers can launch a state-of-the-art online application store within a matter of weeks, while developers can integrate once and make their software available across multiple marketplaces worldwide. Our products offer more advanced features and tools than any other competitive solution, putting AppDirect at the forefront of the rapidly evolving market for cloud services delivery.
We are rapidly expanding and looking to hire talented and ambitious software engineering talent in Pune. As a member of the team, you will create, grow, and manage a distributed network of marketplaces and applications. We love entrepreneurial spirit and those who bring experience from established organizations. You are a highly technical, hands-on developer with a passion for producing maintainable and robust code.
What you'll do and how you'll make an impact:
- You are proficient at leading simple projects and can start to work on medium-complexity projects
- You can take initiative and execute ideas impacting the team. You can occasionally lead small initiatives.
- You are strong in communication within the team, project and with cross-functional teams.
- You can deliver a complete, quality product and meet all deadlines. You recognize gaps in requirements and implementation plans.
- You proactively identify and execute project needs. Anticipate problems and recognize barriers. Able to contribute equally with internal and cross-functional partners when programming or discussing solutions
- You understand the value of robust, sensible design and clean, readable code. Advises others on boundary and negative test cases.
- You can mentor junior members on how to write testable code. You can write tests for all code.
- You have ability to make the right decisions on when unit tests, integration tests, or end-to-end tests should be used.
- You can consistently deliver systems and features that provide significant value to customers and/or other teams.
- You can reliably deliver quality products under deadlines. Raises issues that could impact delivery / timeline without fear of blame. Provides detailed code reviews for teammates and helps document idioms and best practices
- You'll work shoulder to shoulder with some of the best people in different disciplines like product management, design, and sales.
What you'll need:
- B.S. degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years experience developing in Java.
- Proven track record of delivering end to end solutions from scratch.
- Enjoy building production grade code then supporting and maintaining it once it goes live.
- Courage to dig-in, refactor code, and explore new technology.
- Knowledge of micro service technologies and building REST APIs.
- You are proficient with following technologies / technical aspects
- Core Java & Java Frameworks: Spring Framework / J2EE / Reactor
- Node.Js & Node.JS Frameworks: Express / HappiJS
- Data Structure / Algorithms
- Unit Testing using JUnit
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- You are competent using following technologies
- MySQL / MongoDB (Should understand MySQL procedures)
- Container: Docker / Rkt
- Orchestration: Kubernetes / Mesos / OpenShift
- Messaging: RabbitMQ / Kafka
- Design Patterns
- Integration Testing / Performance Testing
- Agile Development methodology
- You have working knowledge and some experience working with following technologies
- Scalability / Performance Engineering
- Application Security best practices
AppDirect is the only end-to-end commerce platform for selling, distributing, and managing cloud-based products and services to succeed in the digital economy. The AppDirect ecosystem connects channels, developers, and customers through its platform to simplify the digital supply chain by enabling the onboarding and sale of products with third-party services, for any channel, on any device, with support. Powering millions of cloud subscriptions worldwide, AppDirect helps organizations, including Jaguar Land Rover, Comcast, ADP, and Deutsche Telekom connect their customers to the solutions they need to reach their full potential in the digital economy.
We believe that the unique contributions of all AppDirectors is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.