About the Team:
AppDirect is the leading cloud service marketplace company dedicated to revolutionizing the way businesses run. We offer a cloud service marketplace and management platform that enables companies to distribute web-based services. The global network of AppDirect-powered marketplaces allows businesses to find, buy, and manage the best applications the cloud has to offer.
With our award-winning platform, service providers can launch a state-of-the-art online application store within a matter of weeks, while developers can integrate once and make their software available across multiple marketplaces worldwide. Our products offer more advanced features and tools than any other competitive solution, putting AppDirect at the forefront of the rapidly evolving market for cloud services delivery.
We are rapidly expanding and looking to hire talented and ambitious software engineering talent in Pune. As a member of the team, you will create, grow, and manage a distributed network of marketplaces and applications. We love entrepreneurial spirit and those who bring experience from established organizations. You are a highly technical, hands-on developer with a passion for producing maintainable and robust code.
What you'll do and how you'll make an impact:
- You can provide technical leadership for other engineers within a single team. You can help to set project scope and requirements for medium-complexity projects.
- You are self-motivated, can seek feedback and improve. You proactively provide constructive feedback. You are self-aware of the impact on team and others.
- You understand team members' relative strengths. You can assist with team prioritization and delegate tasks. You can drives collaboration with outside teams to accomplish project goals
- You can lead by example and coach other engineers on delivering projects efficiently and with high quality. Helps team identify issues that could impact delivery / timeline.
- You have a consistent ability to estimate work for self and team. You can plan and execute when given ambiguously defined tasks. Able to triage work effectively
- Understands the value of, and demonstrates high-quality design, coding, and test automation. Fosters the same behavior among teammates.
- You avoid writing flaky tests and can isolate source of flakiness without assistance. Write appropriate documentation for external APIs at any level needed - endpoint detail, API summary, and supporting concept descriptions.
- You have ability to make the right decisions on when unit tests, integration tests, or end-to-end tests should be used.
- You can consistently deliver systems and features that provide significant value to customers and/or other teams.
- You can reliably deliver quality products under deadlines. Raises issues that could impact delivery / timeline without fear of blame. Provides detailed code reviews for teammates and helps document idioms and best practices
- You'll work shoulder to shoulder with some of the best people in different disciplines like product management, design, and sales.
What you'll need:
- B.S. degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field.
- 8+ years experience developing in Java.
- Proven track record of delivering end to end solutions from scratch.
- Enjoy building production grade code then supporting and maintaining it once it goes live.
- Courage to dig-in, refactor code, and explore new technology.
- Knowledge of micro service technologies and building REST APIs.
- You are an expert with following technologies / technical aspects
- Core Java & Java Frameworks: Spring Framework / J2EE / Reactor
- Js & Node.JS Frameworks: Express / HappiJS
- Data Structure / Algorithms
- Unit Testing using JUnit
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Design Patterns
- Integration Testing / Performance Testing
- Agile Development methodology
- MySQL / MongoDB
- Container: Docker / Rkt
- Orchestration: Kubernetes / Mesos / OpenShift
- Messaging: RabbitMQ / Kafka
- You are proficient using following technologies
- Scalability / Performance Engineering
- Observability: Logging / Distributed tracing / Metrics
- Application Security best practices
AppDirect is the only end-to-end commerce platform for selling, distributing, and managing cloud-based products and services to succeed in the digital economy. The AppDirect ecosystem connects channels, developers, and customers through its platform to simplify the digital supply chain by enabling the onboarding and sale of products with third-party services, for any channel, on any device, with support. Powering millions of cloud subscriptions worldwide, AppDirect helps organizations, including Jaguar Land Rover, Comcast, ADP, and Deutsche Telekom connect their customers to the solutions they need to reach their full potential in the digital economy.
We believe that the unique contributions of all AppDirectors is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.