About the Team:
AppDirect is the leading cloud service marketplace company dedicated to revolutionizing the way businesses run. We offer a cloud service marketplace and management platform that enables companies to distribute digital services. The global network of AppDirect-powered marketplaces allows businesses to find, buy, and manage the best applications the cloud has to offer.
With our award-winning platform, service providers can launch a state-of-the-art online application store within a matter of weeks, while developers can integrate once and make their software available across multiple marketplaces worldwide. Our products offer more advanced features and tools than any other competitive solution, putting AppDirect at the forefront of the rapidly evolving market for cloud services delivery.
We are currently seeking a high-performing and detail-oriented Revenue Manager to help develop and grow the Company’s revenue accounting operations. In this highly visible role you will work cross functionally with Sales, Legal, and Finance Business Partners, among other stakeholders providing guidance for large Enterprise contracts. This position will provide revenue recognition guidance to the business, review contract and perform the monthly and quarterly close process for revenue. This position will supervise one Revenue accountant (to be hired) and review deferred revenue and other accounts, review all required reserves and adjustments, analyze data, and review and/or prepare reports for auditors and executives as necessary. The manager will also participate in special projects when revenue recognition expertise is needed, providing both technical and/or operational knowledge. This position will lead the implementation of a new revenue system.
What you'll do and how you'll make an impact:
- Review revenue contracts (SaaS and Professional Services) for application of appropriate revenue recognition in accordance with relevant accounting literature and the Company’s revenue recognition policy
- Collaborate cross-functionally with legal, sales, sales operations and professional services relative to contract negotiations to provide guidance on technical accounting, policy or process issues around revenue recognition.
- Address technical accounting inquiries from the business and provide guidance or implications
- Provide contract review summaries for completed transactions (for internal management and audit purposes)
- Manage and improve the SSP methodology and testing
- Provide revenue recognition guidance and training to cross-functional teams within the organization including sales, professional services, legal, accounting and finance
- Preparation of periodic updates to the policies and procedures manual for the revenue recognition process and related internal controls •
- Perform and review month-end close tasks associated with revenue recognition, including the review of deferred revenue reconciliations, validating deferred revenue, and the posting of monthly revenue journal entries, as required
- Coordinate the preparation of schedules/reports in support of external audit ensuring that all revenue deliverables are met
- Drive ad hoc and business-critical revenue accounting projects through to completion
- The manager will manage one Revenue Analyst and be responsible for this individual’s career development and technical knowledge
- Support and participate on revenue related projects and M&A activity
- Evaluate current revenue process, accounting, systems and procedures to identify scalable alternatives for improvement
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal team members and cross-functional teams
What you’ll need/Assets:
- 6+ years of accounting experience including 2+ years of experience as a team leader/manager
- Advanced Knowledge of applying software revenue accounting guidelines– ASC 606 Revenue from Contracts with Customers
- Big 4 experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of applying software revenue accounting guidelines – ASC 606 • Excellent quantitative and analytical skills and attention to details
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, establish appropriate priorities and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of NetSuite and OpenAir is a plus
- CPA or equivalent accounting certification strongly preferred
- Ability to work independently to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision
- "Self-starter" with outstanding analytical, communication, and technical skills and a can-do attitude
- Confidence, good judgment, energy and personality to work in a dynamic, multi-business unit environment across all levels of management and across business units, functions and geographies
AppDirect is the only end-to-end commerce platform for selling, distributing, and managing cloud-based products and services to succeed in the digital economy. The AppDirect ecosystem connects channels, developers, and customers through its platform to simplify the digital supply chain by enabling the onboarding and sale of products with third-party services, for any channel, on any device, with support. Powering millions of cloud subscriptions worldwide, AppDirect helps organizations, including Jaguar Land Rover, Comcast, ADP, and Deutsche Telekom connect their customers to the solutions they need to reach their full potential in the digital economy.