As a Sr. Product Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for crafting and executing go-to-market plans for the AppDirect subscription commerce platform. Some days you will, utilize your right-brain skills to conceive and develop innovative demand generation programs or craft brilliant stories to position and message our platform. Other days, you will go left-brain with your keen analytic skills to conduct in-depth market research helping our product teams prioritize roadmap plans or develop new pricing models. You have attention to detail, a high-quality bar and can understand and translate technical ideas into compelling, easy-to-understand buyer stories. You represent our buyers, what they need & how they buy, and enable our sales teams. You will work closely with every team at AppDirect HQ in downtown San Francisco, as well as our 10+ global offices. You will report to the Head of Product Marketing.
How you’ll make an impact and what you’ll do:
- Have a passion for our customers/buyers - be the expert on our buyers, how they purchase and their purchase criteria; be the expert on our market and key trends impacting our customers/buyers.
- Lead our go-to-market – partnering closely with sales, customer success, marketing, product, PR and executives to build and execute our GTM plans.
- Craft engaging stories - uniquely position and message our platform and solutions in the market and deliver them via pitch decks, solution briefs, web content and other materials.
- Deliver sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of your products.
- Launch our products – plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Craft pricing – find the best ways to price our software.
- Demand generation – partner with marketing to develop the strategy and content that drive demand for our products.
What you’ll need:
- 3-5 years of consulting or product marketing experience (SaaS experience is preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working on IoT with manufacturing a huge plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Samples of work will be requested and presentation skills will be tested with a live presentation opportunity
- Masterful story-telling abilities
- Detail oriented, analytic and data driven
- Be a successful self-starter - you are resourceful & resilient, and thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can run with minimal guidance, taking true ownership of your projects
- A love of learning and the ability to do it quickly – you can learn about a new market segment in days, understand new technologies in hours, and crave to know about what comes next.
- Like to take on challenges - you will be challenged and tested, and have fun doing it! You will come to work every day knowing what is expected of you, while at the same time being given the support and resources to determine how you’ll work to accomplish your goals.
- Desire to collaborate- you’ll work with sales, product, engineering, PR, marketing, and executive leadership teams to research, plan and execute your work.
About the team:
Product Marketing is a high impact function at AppDirect; responsible for development and implementation of go-to-market strategy for all products across all customer groups. We are a growing team of product marketers with a singular focus on driving growth and success for all AppDirect products. We have a strong passion for creating best-in-class GTM at every stage of the customer journey. We thrive on turning complex solutions into elegant, easy-to-understand customer stories and marketing materials. We learn from, but don't dwell on our occasional mistakes -- holding each other accountable, while also being committed to our shared success.
The AppDirect ecosystem connects channels, developers, and customers through its platform to simplify the digital supply chain by enabling the on-boarding and sale of products with third-party services, for any channel, on any device, with support. Powering millions of cloud subscriptions worldwide, AppDirect helps organizations, including Jaguar Land Rover, Comcast, ADP, and Deutsche Telekom connect their customers to the solutions they need to reach their full potential in the digital economy.
We believe that the unique contributions of all AppDirectors is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.