SENIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER
APPARATUS is a New York-based design studio that designs and manufactures lighting, furniture and objects both in-house and with the support of high-quality external partners, sold globally.
- Translate the Creative Director’s vision into design conception through to completion, working in a collaborative and independent environment.
- Accountable for the communication of design vision and program to design team, provide supportive briefs and delegation of tasks to meet project milestones.
- Oversee the selection of finishes and furnishings by leading the team to source, coordinate and deliver onsite as required.
- Prepare schemes and project boards for visual reference throughout a project timeline, keeping updated samples well-represented with accurate pricing and availability.
- Produce detailed interior elevations, custom millwork, and construction drawings that meet and exceed industry drafting standards.
- Review and direct architectural drawing sets, fabrication shop drawings, and construction submittals to ensure design intent is achieved.
- Assist and support Project Managers with the fabrication development, construction detailing and installation of all decorative furnishings, including and not limited to upholstery, artwork, accessories, and drapery.
- Integrate creative design development into well-organized, formatted presentations, schedules, tear sheets, and other external documents to best represent the company’s brand identity.
- Drive successful design reviews and meetings with excellent time management, scheduling of calendar and the preparation of meeting agendas, staged printed documents, and meeting minutes.
- Produce and maintain 3D models for all interior projects, including material and finish updates, custom millwork, and furniture alternations.
- Assist Director to prioritize support needs of the team or the business to achieve successful a project timeline, scope of work, budgets, and external deliverables.
- Organize and maintain all project folders on internal server, including external correspondence and other relevant materials associated with the success and foundation of every project.
- Superior verbal and communications skills with accountability and follow-through.
- Expert knowledge of design history, design trends, and the interiors landscape.
- Working knowledge of how to guide all phases of design from Concept Development to Installation.
- Familiarity with building codes and design industry standards.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Rhino, V-Ray, Adobe Suite, and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent time-management skills, to work under pressure and deliver projects under tight deadlines.
- Critical thinking with the ability to foresee problems and suggest solutions.
- Lead by example, create a work environment that promotes a high level of engagement, skill-building, and efficiency in productivity and quality.
- Comfortable stepping outside regular duties as needed to adapt quickly to changing plans and priorities in an ever-evolving environment.
- Professionally to critical feedback and proactively in seeking support and help when needed.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in an architectural or interior design firm, including at least 4 years of experience with high-end residential or hospitality.
- Proven experience in a high-paced environment that values consistency, efficiency, and excellence.
- Experience in a business that requires a team to execute the common vision, understands the value of the individual and the team.
- Position is based in the New York showroom and is not remote.
- Full-time showroom hours: Monday – Friday generally 10:00AM – 6:00PM.
- Longer hours and weekend availability, requested on an as need basis.
PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND CHECK-INS SCHEDULE
- Weekly 1:1s.
- Annual performance review.
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position is based in our New York studio. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.