APPARATUS is a New York-based designer and manufacturer of a distinctive catalog of high-end, high-touch lighting, furniture and objects. We produce both in-house and with the support of high-quality external partners; our catalog is sold globally.
This role is responsible for hand-packaging fixtures in our New York production facility with a high level of skill and within production timelines.
- Contribute to the making of products by performing a combination of inventory warehouse and stocking duties per department guidelines such as:
- Ensure deliveries are accurate, verify all quantities shipped/received match corresponding documentation for all incoming shipments.
- Provide support to management and production team through quick, accurate stock checks.
- Maintain inventory standards through organization by vendor, component and size or as directed by management.
- Execute routine cycle counts and resolve/inform management of any identified inventory discrepancies.
- Maintain organized work area ensuring all incoming components are properly unpacked and logged following all policies and procedures; organize or dispose of resulting debris and pallets.
- Maximize all available stock space to ensure components can be easily accessed and allow the department to function at maximum efficiency.
- Read and respond to replenishment reports, re-stocking to appropriate levels.
- Meet and record the output and quality goals that are set by the Purchasing and Inventory Manager.
- Complete tasks and projects as assigned by management.
- Ensure timely communication with management.
- Produce consistent and high-quality work according to team guidelines.
- Support Quality Control with preparation, inspection, and stocking.
- Aid in training new hires on all policy and procedures related to receiving and inventory.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Provide overtime work when needed.
- Comply with all safety and Company policies.
- Communicate with Manager about supply levels.
- Support company initiatives and projects on an as-needed basis.
- Use the appropriate equipment for moving and stocking inventory.
- Able to learn quickly by watching and doing; can retain skills and information and build on them.
- Comfortable working with high-end and delicate materials that require a great deal of care and concern.
- Able to clearly communicate; able to consistently receive and adjust with feedback.
- Able to wear appropriate protective equipment during work hours and abide by safety policies and guidelines while working with any hazardous materials.
- Ability to climb a ladder, lift up to 25 pounds safely, raise your arms over your head and work standing on a regular basis.
- Demonstrate an excellent level of flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who is positive, consistent and can thrive in a culture of excellence.
- Annual respirator fit test and medical clearance required.
- Experience working in a high-paced or service-oriented role where output was important.
- Prior experience working on projects that required consistent and long periods of focus.
- Previous experience in shipping or receiving.
- Experience working on a team.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Full-time studio hours: Monday–Friday 9:00AM–5:00PM.
- Longer hours and weekend availability as needed.
PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND CHECK-INS SCHEDULE
- Initial skills review will take place 30 days from start date.
- Regular check-ins.
- Annual performance reviews.
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position is based at APPARATUS PRODUCTION in Red Hook. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.