PROJECT MANAGER, ART DEPARTMENT
APPARATUS is a New York-based designer and manufacturer of a distinctive catalog of high-end, high-touch lighting, furniture and objects. We produce both in-house and with the support of high-quality external partners; our catalog is sold globally.
- Accountable for the successful management of all art department projects to ensure proper prioritization, planning, execution, delivery and quality.
- Translate all project requirements into concrete action plans that the art department can execute against.
- Facilitate all requests from other departments, ensuring needs are met in a timely manner and with proper communication to stakeholders.
- Assist team in gathering necessary assets including copy, photography, swatches and samples.
- Support the build-out of project scopes and objectives.
- Utilize project management tools to create project plans and manage day-to-day tasks.
- Communicate updates, key dates, and action items on a daily and weekly basis.
- Identify and anticipate potential risks/issues and develop contingency plans.
- Facilitate meetings with collaborators and circulate actionable notes.
- Work with the VP of Creative to develop project budgets.
- Track expenditures and ensure timely payment of vendors.
- Ensure quality control and accuracy with final deliverables.
- A highly motivated and results-oriented individual capable of creating and executing operational strategy.
- Clear and concise verbal and written skills.
- Ability to build rapport and solicit buy-in from a diverse group of individuals.
- Expert level technology, organizational and tracking skills.
- Demonstrate an excellent level of flexibility toward an evolving landscape; remain open to process and people changes.
- Ability to organize and understand project requirements that may at times be ambiguous.
- Able to steer a project to success through diplomacy, rationale and a clear point of view.
- Excellent time-management skills, independent drive and the ability to work under pressure and deliver projects under tight deadlines.
- Ability to respond professionally to critical feedback and proactive in seeking support and help when needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years proven experience as a project manager, overseeing projects from concept through execution.
- Experience working for in-house creative/design/production team.
- Exceptional organizational and project planning/management skills.
- Experience in a business that requires a team to execute the common vision, understands the value of the individual and the team.
- Proven ability in a high-paced environment that values consistency, efficiency and excellence.
- Full-time showroom hours: Monday–Friday generally 10:00AM–6:00PM.
- Longer hours and weekend availability as needed.
PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND CHECK-INS SCHEDULE
- Weekly 1:1s.
- Annual performance review.
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position is based in our New York studio. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.