APPARATUS is a New York-based designer and manufacturer of a distinctive catalog of high-end, high-touch lighting, furniture and objects. We produce both in-house and with the support of high-quality external partners; our catalog is sold globally.
- Accountable for the maintenance, configuration, upgrades and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization – local and remote.
- Develop a deep understanding of the existing network infrastructure and capabilities and make recommendations to create scalable technology solutions.
- Ensure the security of the company's IT infrastructure, systems, data and IT assets.
- Manage IT vendor relationships including the company's current contract IT resource, as well as subscriptions and license agreements.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to internal IT.
- Manage individual employee hardware needs across the organization.
- Troubleshoot day-to-day technology issues, including, but not limited to NAS Server, printers and other peripherals and SaaS programs.
- Manage VoIP phone system.
- Participate actively in strategic discussions and initiatives around the company’s IT development roadmap and support infrastructure.
- Integrate technology where applicable.
- Work closely with the HR/Operations teams to onboard and offboard employees while maintaining a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Provide orientation and guidance for users in the system for appropriate and safe usage.
- Place orders for technology and keep inventory organized and secure.
- Ability to be trusted with sensitive, confidential and proprietary information.
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems.
- Strong ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Excellent project management skills, strong ability to prioritize.
- Solutions-based thinker with a consistently positive attitude, displayed both as an
- individual and within a collaborative team.
- Excellent time-management skills, independent drive and the ability to work under pressure and deliver projects under tight deadlines.
- Ability to respond professionally to critical feedback and proactive in seeking support and help when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, software engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in IT or related technical professions.
- Experience managing a mixed environment of MacOS and Windows computers.
- Experience in start-up and/or high growth environments with the ability to understand the specific needs of the business and translate these needs into IT solutions.
- Experience in and desire to be a part of a collaborative environment.
- Proven ability in a high-paced environment that values consistency, efficiency and excellence.
- Full-time showroom hours: Monday–Friday generally 9:00AM–5:00PM.
- Longer hours and weekend availability as needed.
PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND CHECK-INS SCHEDULE
- Weekly check-ins.
- Annual performance review.
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position is based in our New York studio. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.