PRODUCT CONCEPT DESIGNER
APPARATUS is New York-based design studio that explores the relationship of lighting, furniture and objects in immersive environments, threading the historical and the cultural through a modern lens.
- Contribute to the development of product collections across all categories including, but not limited, to Lighting, Furniture and Objects.
- Work directly with the Creative Director to support and facilitate the execution of his vision.
- Procure image research that align with the creative vision.
- Collaborate with the Senior Concept Designer to ensure creative consistencies across both interiors and products.
- Identify conceptual motifs and effectively translate into a variety of products through a series of 2D and 3D drafting iterations.
- Learn and implement specific technical parameters during the 2D and 3D design iterating phase to ensure a successful drawing hand-off to the industrial design team.
- Create final presentations using elevated and consistent standards.
- Successfully hand off product drawing references to design engineering team.
- Maintain the organization and expansion of image and material libraries.
- Proactively conduct market research and regularly suggest new concepts.
- Work on the development of several initiatives simultaneously.
- Strong aesthetic skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent verbal and communications skills.
- Extensive reference knowledge of design movements, artists and designers.
- Strong knowledge of vintage and contemporary furniture, lighting and fixtures.
- Solutions-based thinking with a consistently positive attitude, displayed both as an individual and within a collaborative team.
- Expert knowledge of Rhino; Solidworks a plus.
- Efficient in AutoCad, Vellum or equivalent drafting program.
- Highly efficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Ability to identify and prioritize design decisions in parallel to project timelines.
- Excellent time-management skills, independent drive and the ability to work under pressure and deliver projects under tight deadlines.
- Ability to respond professionally to critical feedback and proactive in seeking support and help when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Product or Industrial Design.
- Minimum of 5-6 years of professional working experience in high-end interior design / furniture design.
- Experience in a business that requires a team to execute the common vision, understands the value of the individual and the team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively; ability to delegate and drive for results.
- Proven ability in a high-paced environment that values consistency, efficiency and excellence.
- Full-time studio hours: Monday–Friday generally 10:00AM–6:00PM
- Longer hours and weekend availability as needed.
- Domestic and international travel as needed.
PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND CHECK-INS SCHEDULE
- Regular check-ins.
- Annual performance review.
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position is based in our New York studio. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.