APPARATUS is a New York-based designer and manufacturer of a distinctive catalog of high-end, high-touch lighting, furniture and objects. We produce both in-house and with the support of high-quality external partners; our catalog is sold globally.
This role is responsible for hand-packaging fixtures in our New York production facility with a high level of skill and within production timelines.
- Contribute to the making of products by hand handling delicate lighting and furniture and carefully preparing them for safe shipment.
- Perform fixture handling and packing duties per department guidelines such as, moving valuable finished fixtures between departments, operating foam and packing machines, building and reenforcing boxes, operating chop-saw and hand-held drill, wrapping and protecting fixtures, kitting with components and installation instructions, labeling, loading and preparing products as needed.
- Produce consistent and high-quality work according to team guidelines.
- Inspect each finished fixture for quality and voltage before packing.
- Meet and record the output and quality goals that are set by the Handling & Packing Manager. Verify accuracy of all bills of materials and packing slips. Notify manager of any discrepancies.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Provide overtime work when needed.
- Comply with all safety and Company policies.
- Communicate with Assistant Manager and Manager about low supplies.
- Support company initiatives and projects on an as-needed basis.
- Use the appropriate tools and power tools for certain types of packaging.
- Able to learn quickly by watching and doing; can retain skills and information and build on them.
- Comfortable working with high-end and delicate materials that require a great deal of care and concern.
- Able to clearly communicate; able to consistently receive and adjust with feedback.
- Able to wear appropriate protective equipment during work hours and abide by safety policies and guidelines while working with any hazardous materials.
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds safely, raise your arms over your head and work stand for stretches of time.
- Demonstrate an excellent level of flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who is positive, consistent and can thrive in a culture of excellence.
- Annual respirator fit test and medical clearance required.
- Experience working in a high-paced or service-oriented role where output was important.
- Prior experience working on projects that required consistent and long periods of focus.
- Previous experience in shipping or receiving.
- Experience working on a team.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Full-time studio hours: Monday–Friday 9:00AM–5:00PM.
- Longer hours and weekend availability as needed.
PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND CHECK-INS SCHEDULE
- Initial skills review will take place 30 days from start date.
- Regular check-ins.
- Annual performance reviews.
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position is based at APPARATUS PRODUCTION in Red Hook. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.