*PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU CAN WORK REMOTELY BUT YOU NEED TO BE LOCATED IN PST/PDT OR MOUNTAIN TIME ZONE TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Something about us
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. Our mission is to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. We created the mobile app data market and are committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. More than 1,300 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business. We are a global company, headquartered in San Francisco but as a “remote” first company, we care about your results and not your location.
Along with a market defining product, we take great pride in our culture and values and strive to embody them daily! We set a high bar for our success and have made Excellence as our standard, hold each other Accountable, continuously push Innovation and Win with Style.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
We’re looking for an experienced Big Data engineer who can create innovative new products in the analytics and data space. You will participate in the development that creates the world's #1 app stores analytics service. Together with the team you will build out new product features and applications using agile methodologies and open source technologies. You will work directly with Product Managers, Software Architects, and will be on the front lines of coding new and exciting analytics and data mining products. You should be passionate about what you do and excited to join an entrepreneurial start-up.
You will be responsible for and take pride in….
As a Big Data Engineer, we will need you to be in charge of our data analysis projects and to build clean, robust and maintainable data processing program that can support these projects on huge amount of data, this includes:
- Able to design and implement complex product components based on requirements with possible technical solutions.
- Write data analysis and statistics programs using pyspark with a commitment to maintaining high quality work while being confident in dealing with data mining challenges.
- Discover any feasible new technologies lying in the Big Data ecosystem, share them to team with your professional perspectives.
- Get up to speed in the machine learning domain, implementing analysis components in a distributed computing environment with instruction from Data Scientists.
- Be comfortable conducting detailed discussions with Data Scientists regarding specific questions related to specific data models.
- You should be a strong problem solver with proven experience in big data.
You should recognize yourself in the following…
- Hands-on experience and deep knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem
- Must: Spark, Mapreduce, HDFS
- Plus: Storm, Kafka
- Must have 2+ years Linux environment development experience.
- Proficient with programming in Python, experience in Pandas, Sklearn or Other data science and data analysis toolset is a big plus.
- Having a background of data mining and machine learning domain, familiar with common algorithms and libs is a plus.
- Passion for cloud computing (AWS in particular) and distributed systems.
- You must be a great problem solver with the ability to dive deeply into complex problems and emerge with clear and pragmatic solutions.
- Good communication, and cooperation globally.
- Major in Math or Computer Science.
This is what we offer…
- We provide a $1,000 (country equivalent) WFH allowance to set you up for remote work success.
- Internet allowance for stable internet connection, so your video does not freeze on Zoom.
- Flexible working days. We love to meet, but if you need to get your kids behind school-zoom, need to leave early to get to your band repetition or gym classes, do your thing.
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Health and dental benefits.
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills.
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues.
- Generous Employee Referral Program. Up to $10,000 for specific roles.
Yes, I want this job!