Something about us...
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. Our mission is to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. We created the mobile app data market and are committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. More than 1,300 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business. We are a global company, headquartered in San Francisco but as a “remote” first company, we care about your results and not your location.
Along with a market defining product, we take great pride in our culture and values and strive to embody them daily! We set a high bar for our success and have made Excellence as our standard, hold each other Accountable, continuously push Innovation and Win with Style.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
As an AI Engineer for App Annie Labs, I’m a key contributor to the architecture and implementation of App Annie’s data engine. As the lead data engineer for the App Annie Labs team, I’m responsible for designing large-scale data ingestion, processing, storage, analytics, and orchestration flows. I work closely with Product Managers, Full Stack Engineers, Data Scientists, and fellow Big Data Engineers to conceive and build large-scale data storage and integration solutions for new products. I’m passionate about what I do and excited to do it in the context of an entrepreneurial start-up with a phenomenal team.
You will be responsible for and take pride in….
- Being an integral part of the Labs team developing new products as the lead for all data software engineering.
- Working directly with experts and customers to understand their jobs, and creating groundbreaking solutions.
- Working with large, complex data sets that meet functional and non-functional requirements.
- Designing and developing systems for internet-scale data ingestion, data preparation, and data segmentation, model training, model evaluation, and model deployment.
- Designing and optimizing algorithms, data structures, queries, and scripts.
You should recognize yourself in the following...
- You have implemented machine learning and AI models in one or more products.
- You are a software engineer with solid knowledge of relational database management concepts. Experience working with data warehouses like Snowflake are a plus.
- You have in-depth, real world experience with one or more distributed, non-relational database types.
- You can demonstrate strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms in a code challenge. Points for efficiency and extra points for style!
- You can demonstrate your system design skills in addition to your communication and collaboration strengths in our system design interview.
- You can quickly evaluate and recommend commercial database solutions or alternatively develop the a lightweight data service yourself, if necessary
- You are experienced in analytics data processing and machine learning pipeline development. Experience with Data Bricks is a plus.
- Flexible mindset and the ability to prototype and change direction rapidly as research evolves
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar field
- At least 5 years in software development, with multiple examples of delivering innovative product ideas.
- You are a data language polyglot. You have proficient programming experience in SQL, Python, and GraphQL. You can quickly pick up domain-specific languages for the project.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- An excellent communicator with a knack for concisely explaining problems and solutions to multiple stakeholders, e.g. product managers, senior management, etc.
- A strong drive to continue learning and developing
- Demonstrated ability to produce results as part of a highly distributed team that crosses cultural and country boundaries
- Hands-on experience and deep knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem
- Must: Spark, Mapreduce, HDFS
- Plus: Storm, Kafka
- Must have 2+ years Linux environment development experience.
- Proficient with programming in Python, experience in Pandas, Sklearn or Other data science and data analysis toolset is a big plus.
- Having a background of data mining and machine learning domain, familiar with common algorithms and libs is a plus.
- Passion for cloud computing (AWS in particular) and distributed systems.
- You must be a great problem solver with the ability to dive deeply into complex problems and emerge with clear and pragmatic solutions.
- Good communication, and cooperation globally.
- Major in Math or Computer Science.
- Energy and creativity are key characteristics that describe you and the projects you are involved in. You make it happen. Boom!
This is what we offer...
- We provide a $1,000 (Country equivalent) reimbursable WFH allowance to set you up for remote work success.
- Internet allowance for stable internet connection, so your video does not freeze on Zoom.
- Flexible working days. We love to meet, but if you need to get your kids to school/ zoom or need to leave early to get to your band practice or gym classes, do your thing.
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Health and dental benefits, mental health concierge and financial planning support
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills.
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- Ample virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues.