App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. Our mission is to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. We created the mobile app data market and are committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. More than 1,200 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business. We are headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide.
Along with a market defining product, we take great pride in our culture and values and strive to embody them daily! We set a high bar for our success and have made Excellence as our standard, hold each other Accountable, continuously push Innovation and Win with Style.
App Annie serves a diverse mix of customers with 60% of revenue being international across all industry verticals. We are the first Unified Data AI company bringing together 1st party and 3rd party data capabilities together to transform our industry’s ability to drive predictive and prescriptive solutions for customers. By using the power of leading edge AI we are automating mission-critical functions such as maximizing CAC, LTV, ROAS and ROI across the enterprise spectrum. Brands and Publishers worldwide trust us and rely on our commitment to this vision . Come and join us to help lead this compelling journey!
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
I lead App Annie’s global hybrid-remote 130 person Engineering team focussing on building premium quality products our customers love, with pride and velocity.
You will be responsible for and take pride in….
This is a global leadership role, reporting directly into the CEO, within a truly global organization.
- Lead the global engineering team with a high bar for excellence and quality with an ability to raise that bar in the Engineering organization, ensuring App Annie continues to be the currency for mobile app performance for Fortune 1000 enterprises.
- Ensure the teams are working in concert with clear priorities across multiple geographies and a well articulated technology vision of future direction to support the company vision.
- Drive key initiatives for the core engineering team including significant upgrades of the platform infrastructure and technology stack to ensure App Annie can meet future customer expectations.
- Rationalize current database technology from heterogeneous systems to a coherent environment that supports nuanced queries from massive scale data sets.
- Work collaboratively with other executive team leaders across App Annie leading a culture of open communication and active collaboration. Participate in formulating and driving strategic objectives for App Annie at the Executive Leadership level and clearly translate this for the engineering teams ensuring they understand the vision and objectives of the company.
- As a player coach, lead a positive culture within a high performing, distributed international team.
- Work in close partnership with the Product and Data Science team to ensure that Engineering delivers against the product roadmap meeting agreed milestones, shipping product on time and anticipating future technology direction.
- Lead Engineering in thinking through the technology requirements in terms of architecture, future scale and customer needs eliminating unnecessary complexity and keeping execution on track.
- Recruit, develop and retain an exceptional Engineering team
You should recognize yourself in the following...
- Successful track record of leading a globally distributed engineering team (15+ years). Domain expertise in areas such as mobile, analytics, data and enterprise SaaS.
- Proven experience managing a sophisticated B2B product suite across multiple segments (verticals + international).
- Strong executive presence; highly influential with customers and partners.
- Excellent team player and collaborative decision maker with the rest of the Executive Team at App Annie.
- Experience and comfortable operating with First Team mindset.
- Experience creating a positive culture focused on taking pride in excellent execution, with velocity and premium level of quality.
- Substantial experience with cloud based infrastructures and big data environments - experience with Snowflake would be ideal.
- Proven track record of leading Engineering in close collaboration with Product and Data Science to ensure product is delivered as part of an agile process, on time and at a level that exceeds customer expectations.
- Success leading improvements in usability, and an understanding of how to translate customer requirements.
- Experienced at scaling, retaining and mentoring high performing engineering teams and at creating opportunities for high performers to progress in their careers.
This is what we have to offer…
- Competitive salary, bonus plan and stock options
- $1,000 (country equivalent) reimbursable WFH allowance to set you up for remote work success.
- Internet allowance for stable internet connection, so your video does not freeze on Zoom.
- Flexible working days. We love to meet, but if you need to get your kids behind school-zoom, need to leave early to get to your band repetition or gym classes, do your thing.
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Health and dental benefits.
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills.
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues.
Yes, I want this job!