Something about us...
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. Our mission is to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. We created the mobile app data market and are committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. We are headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide. More than 1,200 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business.
Along with a market defining product, we take great pride in our culture and values and strive to embody them daily! We set a high bar for our success and have made Excellence as our standard, hold each other Accountable, continuously push Innovation and Win with Style.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
I manage a small Global team of IT support engineers covering desktop support, networking and systems operations to support our offices and distributed workforce around the world. I work cross-functionally with executives from Operations, Legal, Facilities, and People teams to develop and implement the IT vision. I thrive in a fast-paced environment, from setting up new hires, providing end user support, to creating IT processes and documentation, to building out new offices across the globe - I’ve done it all!
You will be responsible for and take pride in…
You should be comfortable wearing multiple hats and enjoy working with cutting edge technology to solve problems. This position is uniquely suited to highly organized individuals with a wide breadth of IT knowledge and experience and the ability to work with minimal direction. Good communication skills and ability to set and manage expectations are key to be successful in this role.
As a manager, Global IT Operations we are looking for an experienced Information Technology leader with a passion for building out organizations in high-growth mode. You know what it takes to scale a late stage startup to the next level. You thrive in a strategic and hands-on role where you might deploy a new security solution one day, and present an IT plan and vision to our executive team the next.
- Represent the organization as the prime technical contact for IT operations and be a champion for world class employee experience
- Lead and inspire a global team of 4-6 direct reports
- Oversee global operations team, ensuring all network, hardware and software issues are attended to quickly and efficiently for AppAnnie employees globally
- Review and Maintain IT/ security procedures and policies
- Manage resources both locally and globally and establish follow the sun support model
- Drive security audits, analyze outcomes implementing solutions to close security gaps
- Define and implement L1/L2/L3 support procedures for critical business applications. Including SLA’s and process governance
- Research and evaluate new products and services that help keep our IT environment current and relevant
- Manage relationships with IT vendors and consultants, evaluating and researching new vendors as needed
- Be on call and able to manage critical issues outside normal work hours
- Manage IT support for laptop/mobile, software, printers, and LAN/WLAN/ VPN
- Administer and support 70+ SaaS platforms via SSO (Onelogin/ Okta experience preferred).
- Manage and streamline new-hire onboarding/offboarding and IT orientations in collaboration with HR and other business teams
You should recognize yourself in the following…
- Positive attitude and a big appetite to provide/ enhance world class executive/ employee experience
- 6+ years of relevant experience, including at least 3+ years in a hands-on IT leadership role
- BA/BS Degree, advanced degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in IT strategic planning, global office build outs and deployment of company-wide IT solutions
- Great troubleshooting skills and understanding of IT problem-solving techniques and methodologies.
- Strong experience in overseeing/ administering the Corporate/ Employee Experience technology stack (e.g. G Suite, JAMF, Slack, One Login, Zoom, Fresh Service, Jira, Box, LDAP user management, Security tools...).
- Technical skills in Mac, Windows and Linux, including administration, support and troubleshooting
- Strong understanding of networks and network security devices deep understanding of Palo Alto and Cisco networking technologies (e.g. routers, switches, firewalls, network and routing protocols and their related traffic patterns)
- Familiarity with Meraki Wi-Fi a plus!
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage competing priorities and set clear expectations around deliverables.
- Be a team player and build strong partnerships.
- Experience in a fast paced tech startup environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain composure in high-pressure situations.
- Occasional travel required
This is what we offer...
- We provide a $1,000 WFH allowance to set you up for remote work success.
- Internet allowance for stable internet connection, so your video does not freeze on Zoom.
- Flexible working days. We love to meet, but if you need to get your kids behind school-zoom, need to leave early to get to your band repetition or gym classes, do your thing.
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Health and dental benefits.
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills.
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues.
Yes, I want this job!