Something about us...
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. Our mission is to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. We created the mobile app data market and are committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. We are headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide. More than 1,200 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business.
Along with a market defining product, we take great pride in our culture and values and strive to embody them daily! We set a high bar for our success and have made Excellence as our our standard, hold each other Accountable, continuously push Innovation and Win with Style.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
“I develop unique mobile technology that helps app publishers and advertisers gain detailed insights about their market performance”
You will be responsible for and take pride in…
As a Senior Mobile Research Engineer, you will be responsible for the further development and innovation of App Annie’s mobile data collection technologies. With your detailed knowledge of apps, SDKs and networking protocols, you’ll help App Annie gain deep insights that fuel our data science models to create best-in-class market analysis.
- Working with a multidisciplinary team (mobile developers, data analysts, data engineers, product managers and data scientists) creating technical solutions that are built to last
- Deep-diving into Android SDK to create solutions to improve and streamline our data collection pipeline
- Debugging and analyzing network protocols to deconstruct app behavior
- Having a deep understanding of the JVM and Android runtime, with the ability to debug and tear apart compiled binaries
- Working with data engineers to automate your data collection tools using physical mobile devices
- Contributing to architectural design discussions and the technical roadmap by always asking yourself: how can we do this better, faster, more sustainably and more efficiently?
- Tackling your responsibilities in the development process, from technical design to release and beyond
You should recognize yourself in the following…
- You’re smart and you have a way to prove it (e.g., a B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science and relevant code projects)
- You’re a mobile fanatic, positively curious and a technology enthusiast
- You love getting things done right: from tech design to delivery; your code keeps running!
- 3-5 years of relevant mobile development experience - preferably across both iOS and Android
- You know your tools and you’re not afraid to use them (e.g., Wireshark, Charles, jailbreaking tools)
- Experience with network programming (VPNs, socket programming) and C(++) is a plus!
- Experience with jailbreaking/rooting/device automation is a strong plus!
- Wellness Sessions - To keep you happy and healthy
- Virtual Happy Hours and Trivia - To keep you connected with your colleagues
- Generous PTO that we encourage you to use for your wellbeing to go offline, recharge and reflect
- You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
This is what we offer...
- We provide a $1,000 WFH allowance to set you up for remote work success.
- Internet allowance for stable internet connection, so your video does not freeze on Zoom.
- Flexible working days. We love to meet, but if you need to get your kids behind school-zoom, need to leave early to get to your band repetition or gym classes, do your thing.
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills.
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues.
Yes, I want this job!