*PLEASE NOTE THAT TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB YOU NEED TO BE ALREADY LOCATED IN THE NETHERLANDS, GERMANY OR THE UK!
Something about us...
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. Our mission is to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. We created the mobile app data market and are committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. We are headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide. More than 1,200 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business.
Along with a market defining product, we take great pride in our culture and values and strive to embody them daily! We set a high bar for our success and have made Excellence as our standard, hold each other Accountable, continuously push Innovation and Win with Style.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
“I'm on the forefront of App Annie's mobile R&D department. Whenever there is a data collection challenge, I dive in and research solutions so App Annie can keep building its best in class market insights!”
You will be responsible for and take pride in…
As a Staff Mobile Research Engineer, you will be responsible for the further development and innovation of App Annie’s mobile data acquisition technologies. With your detailed knowledge of apps, SDKs, mobile operating systems and networking protocols, you’ll help App Annie gain deep insights that fuel our data science models to create best-in-class market analysis.
- Splitting your time between hands-on development and research and leading a team of fellow mobile research engineers
- Applying your knowledge on both iOS and Android to solve complex problems
- Leading the way in exploring new data acquisition opportunities for App Annie
- Debugging and analyzing network protocols to deconstruct app behavior
- Working with a multidisciplinary team (mobile developers, data analysts, data engineers, product managers and data scientists) creating technical solutions that are built to last
- Deep-diving into the iOS and Android SDK to create solutions to improve and streamline our data acquisition pipeline
- Having a deep understanding across of LLVM and iOS runtime as well as the JVM and Android runtime, with the ability to debug and tear apart compiled binaries
- Staying on top of the jailbreaking and rooting community, with the intent to streamline our device automation and data acquisition tools using jailbroken physical mobile devices
- Triggering architectural design discussions and the technical roadmap by always asking yourself: how can we do this better, faster, more sustainable and more efficient?
- Taking your responsibilities in the development process, from technical design to release and beyond
You should recognize yourself in the following…
- You’re smart and you have a way to prove it (e.g., a B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science and relevant code projects)
- 5+ years of relevant mobile development experience - preferably across both iOS and Android
- Experience in team/people/dev leadership is a pre
- You enjoy a complex challenge: digging deep into unique and unsolved problems and can bring them over the finish line from idea to a stable production line
- You’re a mobile fanatic, positively curious and a technology enthusiast
- You know your tools and you’re not afraid to use them (e.g., Wireshark, Charles)
- Experience with network programming (VPNs, socket programming) and C(++) is a plus!
- Experience with jailbreaking / device automation is a strong plus!
This is what we offer...
- We provide a $1,000 WFH allowance to set you up for remote work success.
- Internet allowance for stable internet connection, so your video does not freeze on Zoom.
- Flexible working days. We love to meet, but if you need to get your kids behind school-zoom, need to leave early to get to your band repetition or gym classes, do your thing.
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills.
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues.
Yes, I want this job!