*PLEASE NOTE THAT WE WILL ONLY CONSIDER CANDIDATES ALREADY LOCATED IN THE NETHERLANDS, UK OR GERMANY!
Something about us...
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. Our mission is to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. We created the mobile app data market and are committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. More than 1,200 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business. We are headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide.
Along with a market defining product, we take great pride in our culture and values and strive to embody them daily! We set a high bar for our success and have made Excellence as our our standard, hold each other Accountable, continuously push Innovation and Win with Style.
What can you tell your friends?
“I’m responsible for designing and maintaining large scale systems that collect data. Together with my team, we provide the foundation for App Annie’s mobile market insights.“
You will be responsible for and take pride in….
In this role as a Staff Backend Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving the systems that help App Annie collect data at scale for its Intelligence products. You will be in charge of managing a wide variety of data sources, dealing with terabytes of data on a daily basis, and will play a key role in exploring opportunities for market data driven innovations at App Annie.
- Understanding end-to-end product delivery, from early idea to a maintainable and scalable product
- Collaborating with a global team of backend engineers, data scientists and product managers to ensure a smooth running data operation
- Partnering with product managers and data scientists to explore new ways to add value to our products
- Designing, specifying and driving improvements to our systems by always asking yourself: how can we do this simpler, faster and more efficient?
- Developing a sixth sense for technical debt, operational risk and data quality
- Estimating, planning and executing projects together with the team
- Documenting and sharing knowledge across the team and your fellow engineers around the globe
You should recognize yourself in the following...
- BS/MS in a Computer Science related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- You are located anywhere in the Netherlands, Germany or the UK. We support remote working from any of these locations!
- A team player attitude and solid communication skills
- Proficient in Python
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem (ECS and Kinesis is a plus)
- Experience with SQL and RDBMS
- Experience with Docker
- Experience in building and evolving RESTful API systems
- Experience with Apache Storm and Kafka is a big plus
- Energy and creativity are key characteristics that describe you and the work you do. You just make it happen. Boom!
This is what we have to offer…
- We provide a WFH allowance to set you up for remote work success.
- Internet allowance for stable internet connection, so your video does not freeze on Zoom.
- Flexible working days. We love to meet, but if you need to get your kids behind school-zoom, need to leave early to get to your band repetition or gym classes, do your thing.
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Health and dental benefits.
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills.
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues.
Yes, I want this job!