*PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU NEED TO BE ALREADY LOCATED IN THE NETHERLANDS OR THE UK TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB!
Something about us...
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. Our mission is to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. We created the mobile app data market and are committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. We are headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide. More than 1,200 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business.
Along with a market defining product, we take great pride in our culture and values and strive to embody them daily! We set a high bar for our success and have made Excellence as our standard, hold each other Accountable, continuously push Innovation and Win with Style.
What you can tell your friends when they ask you what you do
“I am a problem solver. I will always find a way to get the job done. I troubleshoot and solve all software problems, front-end, back-end, UI, data-base, connectivity with 3rd party integration services, communication between microservices etc., to make sure all our platforms and products are working perfectly! I work with a talented data-driven team of developers, data-scientists, UX designers and product managers to create and maintain the AppAnnie big data Platform. I am an expert who helps delivering tons of data to customers via an application with heavy API traffic and use the most popular technology to tame this data beast !“
You will be responsible for and take pride in….
Make the difference on how the engineering department impacts the company results through reliability of applications.
Become the expert on the App Annie product offering, you will know the edge cases, all the tricks and how to get the most out of our products / applications.
Good technical background with hands on professional or personal experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Build scripts to collect data through APIs and Web Crawlers
- Support our 300+ existing scripts, updating API versions and improving the reliability and efficiency of the data collection process
- Investigate and fix reported bugs for all App Annie products!
- Obsessed with solving customer problems
- Prepare documentation and FAQs based upon product specifications
- Monitor server resources and services
- Become an expert on apps and app publishing
- Work as part of a team to ensure that SLAs are met and continually improved upon
Leverage most popular technology to resolve problems
- Big data: spark, data warehouse, distributed ETL system
- High performance application: Micro Service infrastructure
- Experience of handling data with huge size (PetaByte level)
You should recognize yourself in the following...
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- 3+ years of software development experience.
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Python, Java, Ruby on Rails
- Knowledge of React is a plus
- Object Oriented Design and familiarity with application and database programming under UNIX/Linux.
- Experience with Agile/Lean (Kanban, SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO modeling, web services, UNIX, middleware, database and data ETL systems.
- Experience in developing high performance, high scalable distributed systems.
- Ability to learn extremely fast and to diagnose quickly potential issues through understanding of products
- Familiarity with working with colleagues and users across cultures, customs & geographies
- Good communication in English (speak and write)
- Willingness to go the extra mile
This is what we have to offer…
- We provide a WFH allowance to set you up for remote work success.
- Internet allowance for stable internet connection, so your video does not freeze on Zoom.
- Flexible working days. We love to meet, but if you need to get your kids behind school-zoom, need to leave early to get to your band repetition or gym classes, do your thing.
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Health and dental benefits.
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills.
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues.
Yes, I want this job!