Something about us...
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. Our mission is to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. We created the mobile app data market and are committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. More than 1,200 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business. We are headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide.
Along with a market defining product, we take great pride in our culture and values and strive to embody them daily! We set a high bar for our success and have made Excellence as our standard, hold each other Accountable, continuously push Innovation and Win with Style.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
"I work in App Annie’s Product Research and Development Division (a.k.a. App Annie Labs), which is tasked with uncovering new market opportunities and researching emerging technologies for App Annie, ultimately driving the innovation and future growth of the company."
You will be responsible for and take pride in….
As a big data engineer working on the App Annie Labs team, you will be a key contributor toward product innovation. You will be part of a dedicated experimental R&D team tasked with exploring and ultimately proving out the business and technical viability of new market opportunities for the company by developing and beta-testing prototypes.
- Conducting technically-related research and technical experiments to evaluate both the viability and feasibility of new product ideas
- Building and testing viable prototypes that, if proven to be successful, will be fully productionized and integrated to the core product
- Becoming better at what you do every day
- Communicating and collaborating with Product Managers, Data Scientists, and other engineers to deliver new product concepts to help us to achieve our company objectives
You should recognize yourself in the following…
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent experience
- At least 6 years in software development, with multiple examples of delivering innovative product ideas
- Deep understanding of hardware and computer organization, Linux operating system, computer network and compilers etc.
- Solid skills of big data related data structures and algorithms
- Proficient in data modeling and data warehouse design
- Experience with implementing Micro-service architecture
- Proficient programming experience in SQL and Python, Scala/Java is a big plus
- Experienced in data processing such as ETL
- Flexible mindset and the ability to prototype and change direction rapidly as research evolves
- A technical innovator with experience designing architecture
- Strong problem solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- A seasoned engineer with big data ecosystem (Computation: Mapreduce, Spark/Flink, Presto/Hive/Redshift/Snowflake etc.; Storage: Postgresql, Elasticsearch, HDFS, Kafka etc.) , know AWS/Google Cloud/Microsoft Azure well is a big plus
- An excellent communicator with a knack for concisely explaining problems and solutions
- A strong drive to continue learning and developing
- Independently making decisions quickly based on your expertise
- Energy and creativity are key characteristics that describe you and the projects you are involved in. You make it happen. Boom!
What we offer…
- We provide a WFH allowance to set you up for remote work success.
- Internet allowance for stable internet connection, so your video does not freeze on Zoom.
- Flexible working days. We love to meet, but if you need to get your kids behind school-zoom, need to leave early to get to your band repetition or gym classes, do your thing.
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Health and dental benefits.
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills.
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues.
Yes, I want this job!