Something about us...
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. Our mission is to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. We created the mobile app data market and are committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. More than 1,200 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business. We are headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide.
Along with a market defining product, we take great pride in our culture and values and strive to embody them daily! We set a high bar for our success and have made Excellence as our standard, hold each other Accountable, continuously push Innovation and Win with Style.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
I am dedicated to managing the expectations of the Sales and Products department as well as engaging directly with customers and partners and their attorneys during contract negotiations.
You will be responsible for and take pride in…
App Annie is looking for a seasoned, practical Associate General Counsel - Global Commercial with software/SaaS commercial, product counseling and legal operations experience to join our legal team. This self-motivated individual will be comfortable working in an exciting, high-growth, fast paced, sales-driven culture. Over time, this position will likely begin hiring a team to assist them in managing the responsibilities noted below as App Annie grows. The position is remote - North America, and will report directly to our General Counsel.
- Provide global legal partnership to the business; draft and negotiate a wide range of global commercial transactions, including cloud-based services and partnership agreements.
- Provide guidance to product teams on issues related to new and existing products and features.
- Maintain and update applicable templates and policies.
- Maintain and update applicable playbooks.
- Interface with Sales, Product and Finance teams to assist the Legal team’s efforts in the preparation, implementation and optimization of forms, efficiencies, processes and procedures.
- Partner with other functional teams to streamline contract management processes and templates and conduct training sessions for our internal clients on procedures and other contract and legal topics.
- Work effectively with senior management and create strong trusted advisor relationships with the business leaders.
You should recognize yourself in the following…
- 12+ years as a deal/transactional lawyer at a law firm and in-house at a cloud services company.
- Experience managing a team.
- JD from an accredited law school and a member in good standing with a State Bar Association.
- Direct experience in structuring, negotiating, and drafting a variety of cloud-based global commercial agreements, as well as experience spearheading operational efficiencies to help facilitate the growth of the business.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure, juggle multiple projects with contending priorities, meet deadlines, and adapt to change in a dynamic environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, facilitate clear and open communication at all levels of the organization.
- Our ideal candidate will have a sense of humor, be well organized, positive, possess a can-do / problem solving attitude, and demonstrate a genuine willingness to be accountable to timely delivery with exceptional results.
- Experience in Data Privacy & Protection and/or B2C mobile apps is preferred but not required.
This is what we offer...
- We provide a WFH allowance to set you up for remote work success.
- Internet allowance for stable internet connection, so your video does not freeze on Zoom.
- Flexible working days. We love to meet, but if you need to get your kids behind school-zoom, need to leave early to get to your band repetition or gym classes, do your thing.
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Health and dental benefits.
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills.
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues.
Yes, I want this job!