Something about us...
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. Our mission is to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. We created the mobile app data market and are committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. We are headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide. More than 1,200 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business.
Along with a market defining product, we take great pride in our culture and values and strive to embody them daily! We set a high bar for our success and have made Excellence as our standard, hold each other Accountable, continuously push Innovation and Win with Style.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
I’m a DevOps Engineer responsible for operating and managing our cloud-based platform and applications. As part of a global team responsible for ensuring that our services are running smoothly, are highly available, and are cost-effective. I’m responsible for monitoring and fixing production problems in a way that minimizes impact to the business. I hate repetitive tasks and love writing code to automate systems!
You will be responsible for and take pride in…
- Building, maintaining and automating world-class infrastructure while delivering high reliability and the best performance possible
- Leveraging a 100% AWS-deployed infrastructure, using cutting edge DevOps and Infrastructure as Code frameworks and best practices
- Ensuring cost-effective service delivery by automating critical processes, including server deployment, configuration, monitoring, and problem resolution
- Ensuring systems are secure and compliant with industry best practices
- Performing quick and accurate troubleshooting and running diagnostics on production systems
- Assisting with capacity planning and scalability to ensure systems are optimized for continuous growth
- Designing and implementing system automation architecture, infrastructure, and processes
- Providing occasional off-shift availability for production issues or maintenance
You should recognize yourself in the following…
- Strong skills with Linux system (ubuntu, debian, redhat) administration
- Strong skills with web technologies (nginx/gunicorn/haproxy/varnish etc…)
- Good level of English written and spoken
- Hands on experience in AWS cloud services (EC2, SQS, S3, Lambda)
- Hands on experience in configuration management tool like (salt, ansible)
- Hands on experience on open source monitoring solutions
- Hands on experience testing and deploying large scale platform is a plus
- Strong problem solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with infrastructure as code is a plus (terraform, cloud-formation)
This is what we offer...
- We provide a WFH allowance to set you up for remote work success
- Internet allowance for stable internet connection, so your video does not freeze on Zoom
- Flexible working days. We love to meet, but if you need to get your kids behind school-zoom, need to leave early to get to your band repetition or gym classes, do your thing
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Health and dental benefits
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues
Yes, I want this job!