*PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU NEED TO BE ALREADY LOCATED IN SINGAPORE TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB. WE WILL NOT CONSIDER ANY OTHER LOCATIONS
Senior Web Backend Engineer - Remote (Singapore)
Something about us...
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. Our mission is to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. We created the mobile app data market and are committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. We are headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide. More than 1,200 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business.
Along with a market defining product, we take great pride in our culture and values and strive to embody them daily! We set a high bar for our success and have made Excellence as our our standard, hold each other Accountable, continuously push Innovation and Win with Style.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
App Annie is in the process of micro-servicelization and API first approaching. I work on the fundamental part of the platform. It’s so challenging because any work I do impacts widely and deeply. It's so important because our work always targets to improve the development efficiency of the company significantly.
You will be responsible for and take pride in…
- Design and build the platform infrastructure and features of App Annie. Include but are not limited to: unified platform feature, microservice governance, API framework, authentication & permission, cache, rating limits, anti-scraping, etc.
- Optimize the performance of App Annie’s web stack and build monitoring tools.
- Design and build reusable utils and tools to drive high development efficiency of the organization.
- Migrate the monolithic codebase into micro services.
- Working closely with application teams to get feedback and give support.
- Create and maintain high quality design documents.
- Becoming better at what you do every day.
You should recognize yourself in the following…
- 3+ years experience in web backend development.
- Experience in micro service architecture is a plus.
- Experienced with OO programming and design patterns. Familiar with UML and OO design tools.
- Experience with web development and framework, for example Django, Flask. Using Python is a plus.
- Familiar with RDBMS and at least one NoSQL database.
- Experience with framework or reusable component design is a big plus.
- Understand high availability, scalability and concurrency management.
- Very strong capacity of problem analysis and solving.
- Fluent English.
- Energy and creativity are key characteristics that describe you and the projects you lead. You make it happen. Boom!
- You’re an app fanatic, positively curious and a technology enthusiast.
This is what we offer...
- We provide a WFH allowance to set you up for remote work success.
- Internet allowance for stable internet connection, so your video does not freeze on Zoom.
- Flexible working days. We love to meet, but if you need to get your kids behind school-zoom, need to leave early to get to your band repetition or gym classes, do your thing.
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Health and dental benefits.
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills.
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues.
Yes, I want this job!