Something about us...
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. Our mission is to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. We created the mobile app data market and are committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. More than 1,200 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business. We are headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide.
Along with a market defining product, we take great pride in our culture and values and strive to embody them daily! We set a high bar for our success and have made Excellence as our our standard, hold each other Accountable, continuously push Innovation and Win with Style.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
I am a detail oriented and data-driven analyst who serves as the primary owner for ensuring conformity of all our processes with the company’s data policies. This role is critical in helping to understand compliance issues surrounding our data, and in helping to ensure that they are continuously evaluated and addressed in a timely manner.
You will be responsible for and take pride in….
In this role, we are looking to find someone passionate about working in a data-rich environment who is systematic and organized, with great communication skills, who takes a pragmatic approach and has enthusiasm for using analytical techniques to support and expand the company’s data management compliance processes.
- Fully understand the Company’s compliance practices, internal policies and procedures and develop detailed knowledge of App Annie’s data, data flows, and processes.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback on adherence to company’s policies.
- Verify, extract, transform, append, and standardize data from disparate data types and sources to validate adherence to company’s policies.
- Identify and remedy compliance related issues in an accurate and timely manner and continuously work to improve and implement them throughout all processes.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured tests to assess effectiveness of controls and support the development of control improvements for various data processing and software developments.
- Work collaboratively with Engineering to verify that new software developments meet the company’s policy requirements.
- Serve as the primary internal data liaison between Data Science, Engineering, Legal to create strong cross functional communication and collaboration.
- Coordinate with Data Science, Product and Engineering to identify gaps in implementation of company’s policies in all data processes and help ensure such gaps are addressed in a timely manner.
- Share regular updates with various stakeholders regarding status of investigations, proposed solutions, timelines, progress, and issues in clear written presentations and reports.
You will be responsible for and take pride in….
- Very high attention to detail
- 1-2 years in data analytics/management
- Analytical skills, working with large data sets to solve business problems, and providing practical business solutions
- Prior experience partnering with Engineering, Legal and testing for quality issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical aptitude for understanding application and infrastructure vulnerabilities
- Ability to work independently with guidance on only the most complex issues
- Advanced proficiency in G Suite
- Major in Math or Computer Science
- Familiarity with software release processes and related tooling (like Github)
- Solid understanding of SQL
- Working knowledge of risk assessment fundamentals
This is what we have to offer…
- We provide a WFH allowance to set you up for remote work success.
- Internet allowance for stable internet connection, so your video does not freeze on Zoom.
- Flexible working days. We love to meet, but if you need to get your kids behind school-zoom, need to leave early to get to your band repetition or gym classes, do your thing.
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Health and dental benefits.
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills.
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues.
Yes, I want this job!